Hardknocks....kind of boring (1 Viewer)

saintlad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I don't know if it's been covered yet on this forum, but does this season of Hard Knocks kind of feel boring to you?

I realize the NFL picked them because they're in LA, hoping to generate buzz. However, I watched several weeks now, and I really don't have a favorite player on the team like the past seasons. In addition, most of the players seem like they're complete idiots. Like the quarterback not knowing where the sun rises and sets or the d-lineman not believing in dinosaurs , but he does in mermaids. I do like the strength and conditioning coach and Jeff Fisher, but everyone else just seems to be dull.

Even the idiot Falcons and Cowboys Hard Knocks we're better than this.

Anybody else feeling this way?

Yeah. I'm watching and still entertained, but you're right, the story-telling this season is a lot less compelling than past seasons. It's like they can't find any interesting subplots to follow along.

I haven't watched last night's yet though.

I think one thing this season is missing is the nice mix of undrafted/unheralded guys getting air-time. It makes cut down day all the more dramatic.

Yeah. I'm watching and still entertained, but you're right, the story-telling this season is a lot less compelling than past seasons. It's like they can't find any interesting subplots to follow along.

I haven't watched last night's yet though.

I think one thing this season is missing is the nice mix of undrafted/unheralded guys getting air-time. It makes cut down day all the more dramatic.

What the existence of mermaids and dinosaur deniers are not compelling enough for you :ezbill:

I'm always intrigued when the head coaches speak to the entire team.

Fisher looks like a tired old man who's got nothing left. Hard to believe his players are motivated (he's got some awesome assistant coaches....Singletary/Greg Williams/D Line ex marine coach.

Last season, O'Brien with the Texans was incredible. He was exactly how I envision a no nonsense coach at this level.

I would have loved to have seen the opposing styles of Tom Coughlin/Pete Carroll.

I'd really like to see Sean Payton speaking to the team, but I know that's never going to happen.

If it's not a game being played or talking about a game that's been played, I tend to find most NFL related media boring (outside the lines, etc).

CSQqlwPUYAAc4od.png

If you want to watch a good football reality show - watch Last Chance U on Netflix. Probably the best show of the year. Just renewed for a second season.

They dont really have many polarizing or interesting characters in the crunch zone of the roster.

But i agree with Outbackjack. I really like a lot of the assistant coaches.

I disagree. I still love the football and the behind the scenes you get with Hard Knocks. Lots of personalities you can get tied to that you otherwise wouldn't even know existed. Plus, the commentary from the Rams' uhhhh not so smart players has been hilarious. Pharaoh Cooper was asked where does the sun rise, to which he responded "air". I mean.... What??

agreed, it seems rather slow and monotonous. Especially after watching the Cardinals "all or nothing," last chance u, and even friday night tykes

I do enjoy the position coaches. They are usually good. I'd love to hear ours and see how they compare, but know we'll never see that. I don't care to see 2 guys go bowling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom