Hardrock Hotel (new construction) colapses in French Quarter. (1 Viewer)

Zack Lee

Guess who's home! Was it so empty without me
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
well mr ICE spokesperson, y'all've never lied to us before so...

Not saying they're lying but

A federal immigration judge ordered Ramirez deported in February 2016, Cox said, and he's now in ICE custody "pending removal to his country of citizenship."

Reaction score
This is another reminder of just how much blind faith we put into the competence of engineers every single day. Walking into buildings, driving in parking garages, driving over a bridge....and these things all collapse all the time.

Terrence

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This is another reminder of just how much blind faith we put into the competence of engineers every single day. Walking into buildings, driving in parking garages, driving over a bridge....and these things all collapse all the time.
This is a terrible comment. People remember the negative more than the positive. Now count back to all the things you have accomplished today due to an engineer and it was safe. Things do not collapse all the time, like planes do not fall out of the air all the time.

Terrible comment.

Reaction score
This is a terrible comment. People remember the negative more than the positive. Now count back to all the things you have accomplished today due to an engineer and it was safe. Things do not collapse all the time, like planes do not fall out of the air all the time.

Terrible comment.
Are you saying you don't put blind faith into engineers' competence every day? Specifically what do you not agree with?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
as i've read it, it's not an engineering failure but a contractor one
the question is what other recent buildings did this cost cutting contractor just build?

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
so i just heard that they will dismantle the smaller crane to remove from site. Once done, the building will be razed. There will be no development on that site. ( jokingly told that there wont be an engineer who, in his right mind, would stamp off on a project there )

The demo contractor- required $5mm UP FRONT, wired before even stepping onto site. Got it. Apparently City/State paying for all this, looking to get reimbursed by Owner/contractor.

He also said they still havent found the 25k lbs counter-weights from either crane. Again, jokingly said "probably 15 ft under Rampart "

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom