Hardrock Hotel (new construction) colapses in French Quarter. (1 Viewer)

Crane leaning a lot more in last 15 minutes.

Have the WWLTV live feed up and I cannot tell if its just because I read this statement, but it definetly looks to be leaning more and its freaking me out.

Have the WWLTV live feed up and I cannot tell if its just because I read this statement, but it definetly looks to be leaning more and its freaking me out.
It hasn't moved anymore since that last post but it definitely moved. So did the crane.

Winds are still pretty calm.

Explosives on the smaller crane are set. They haven't touched large crane.

Roosevelt, I stay there often, if you get the tower that is near Roosevelt Way, the upper floor you should have a nice shot. I also have seen a few people cuddling on the below buildings from the Roosevelt on Canal
Cuddling, huh?

This tragic collapse has to have been he!! on the families of the workers. I pray the families of those who lost their lives can find peace and comfort.

For anyone who might have a way of knowing: Are the street closure duration being measured in weeks or months? Was initially thinking maybe two or three weeks. I had heard "months" on WWL Radio the other day, though. Any semi-reasonable estimate at all of when the area around Canal & Rampart will re-open to traffic?

This tragic collapse has to have been he!! on the families of the workers. I pray the families of those who lost their lives can find peace and comfort.

For anyone who might have a way of knowing: Are the street closure duration being measured in weeks or months? Was initially thinking maybe two or three weeks. I had heard "months" on WWL Radio the other day, though. Any semi-reasonable estimate at all of when the area around Canal & Rampart will re-open to traffic?

The closures right now are ridiculous. I would hope that in another week or so it will be just rampart and Iberville and part of canal. But I don’t think they know yet so we certainly can’t.

The closures right now are ridiculous. I would hope that in another week or so it will be just rampart and Iberville and part of canal. But I don’t think they know yet so we certainly can’t.
The loss of Rampart is especially painful. There are no good alternates to go east-west between, say, Bywater/9th Ward and the CBD.

The French Quarter can't absorb that extra traffic -- Decatur Street was a parking lot earlier this afternoon. It's not made to be main drag.

And Claiborne is a bad alternate because there is no surface-street path from, say, Elysian Fields to Poydras. Traveling along Claiborne east to west, you're forced up onto an elevated expressway (and have to merge onto the I-10 and/or the Pontchartrain Expressway) shortly after passing Tulane.

TV is reporting demo to be no earlier than noon tomorrow.

Is he the same guy that leaked the "very bad" WWL video posted earlier?

I case no one caught it,its been delay until noon Sunday,at the earliest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom