Hardrock Hotel (new construction) colapses in French Quarter. (1 Viewer)

Scary. Hope everyone got out okay.

yea, I'm two blocks away and I hear lots of ambulances. I'm not in a position to go over there right now. My car is in that garage next door.

There are clearly a lot of injuries. Hopefully, it gave some indication before it fell because otherwise there would have been guys up there.

yea, I'm two blocks away and I hear lots of ambulances. I'm not in a position to go over there right now. My car is in that garage next door.

There are clearly a lot of injuries. Hopefully, it gave some indication before it fell because otherwise there would have been guys up there.

Initial reports said no injuries. Of course, that could be wrong.

Initial reports said no injuries. Of course, that could be wrong.

Its possible though I don't see how. Looks like the collapse was midway up the building at least. Maybe its not foundation problems and maybe they lucked out and didn't have anyone on the upper floors.

Judging by the video of the collapse it looks like there was smoke or dust coming out before the building started to come down. Hopefully everyone cleared out in time.

I was in the backyard with my daughter a while ago and heard a deep and loud boom. I thought it was a ship or truck making noise in the neighborhood. Clearly it was this.

The video shows people and cars in the path of the fall. I hope there's no loss of life. I pass there on Rampart every day.

I was in the backyard with my daughter a while ago and heard a deep and loud boom. I thought it was a ship or truck making noise in the neighborhood. Clearly it was this.

The video shows people and cars in the path of the fall. I hope there's no loss of life. I pass there on Rampart every day.

there isn't anything frantic going on like they are digging for anyone. Possibly they got lucky and there is no loss of life. No injuries would be hard to believe though. Parts of it are on the opposite side of Rampart, near the Saenger

And I didn't hear the boom. Or at least didn't think much of it.

People who saw it are saying it was the crane operator hit it.

edit: I got a WWL notification on my phone that said one fatality but now it has been removed. That came from their app. Wouldn't be surprised at either a fatality or just poor reporting.

Last edited:
If anyone knows who shot the video of the collapse it is worth a lot of money if they dont give it away.

If anyone knows who shot the video of the collapse it is worth a lot of money if they dont give it away.

I thought it was crazy weird that someone happened to have their camera or phone pointed right at the building when the collapse happened.. it’s not like there’s anything on Rampart and Canal there that anyone would want to film, usually.. Maybe they heard some rumbling and turned it on, but still odd that they’d know exactly where the rumbling was coming from and film it, figuring it would come down(?)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom