Hardrock Hotel (new construction) colapses in French Quarter. (1 Viewer)

It's epic really. Grand kids would be legends telling the story. Most people go to the cemetery, but no granddad had to make them blow him up with the Hard Rock.

Now every year we got the quarter, second line a bit and then go see a concert. Sometimes you can actually see him push the wah wah pedal and try to bang head.

This makes perfect sense to me

Oh man. I had just kind of stopped following this story. I cut across that corner twice a day and you just get to where you don’t notice it anymore. I heard about the remains but thought it was just a little bit visible or whatever. Today I glanced up there and my stomach turned a bit. I’ve seen people die a few times and that sort of thing doesn’t bother me much. But this did. I think because his family is helpless in the situation. It’s horrible.

3+ months later and there’s still a corpse dangling above the street. Nice.

That's some third world shirt right there.

when you see it you can see that short of quicker demolition, there isn’t much they can do. He was in the very corner where the very first video caught it collapsing. Everything right there is sloping down to the ground looking like it’s defying gravity. And if he wasnt firmly in between two concrete layers he would have gone all the way to ground off the ledge. His knees are bent over the edge as if he was sitting on the ledge when it happened. Except there wasn’t a ledge there before the colapse. maybe a huge tarp to wrap that whole corner would help but I don’t know how they even got him covered the first time to be honest. And they had to do that when the perimeter was much larger or everyone would have seen them doing it.

Is anyone even still eating in the Hard Rock restaurant? I would have a hard time giving them any money at any establishment after this.
I have eaten at one only twice and that's because I was with a group of people from Ohio and Michigan who think a great meal contains buns and/or mashed potatoes and brown gravy...

I have eaten at one only twice and that's because I was with a group of people from Ohio and Michigan who think a great meal contains buns and/or mashed potatoes and brown gravy...

move not eaten at one in probably 20 years. I ate there twice and just remember it sucking. So not going there was already easy for me.

at jacked up prices

move not eaten at one in probably 20 years. I ate there twice and just remember it sucking. So not going there was already easy for me.

The best meal I’ve ever eaten in my life was at a Hard Rock Cafe.

While that’s true, it wasn’t becuase the food was exceptional or anything- it’s because i was the hungriest I’ve ever been.. i was 19 years old and working as a summer camp counselor outside of New York City in the 90s.. it sounds fun, but was actually pretty grueling at times.. we got our first day off after two months of working 24/7, went into NYC, walked miles and miles of Manhattan taking in the sights- and my friends and i just never got around to eating.. so by the time dinner rolled around , we found ourselves at the Hard Rock Cafe, i ordered a Chicken Tortilla salad, and scarfed that thing down like nobody’s business... Not sure how it would have tasted of if i wasnt famished, but i didnt care- I’ll always remember it fondly.

While that’s true, it wasn’t becuase the food was exceptional or anything- it’s because i was the hungriest I’ve ever been.. i was 19 years old and working as a summer camp counselor outside of New York City in the 90s.. it sounds fun, but was actually pretty grueling at times.. we got our first day off after two months of working 24/7, went into NYC, walked miles and miles of Manhattan taking in the sights- and my friends and i just never got around to eating.. so by the time dinner rolled around , we found ourselves at the Hard Rock Cafe, i ordered a Chicken Tortilla salad, and scarfed that thing down like nobody’s business... Not sure how it would have tasted of if i wasnt famished, but i didnt care- I’ll always remember it fondly.

Totally unrelated...but I thought I remember you being in the entertainment industry. Am I making this up? Any speculation on how COVID is going to effect showbiz? Perhaps my question would be better served in one of the COVID threads, but it popped into my mind just now.

Totally unrelated...but I thought I remember you being in the entertainment industry. Am I making this up? Any speculation on how COVID is going to effect showbiz? Perhaps my question would be better served in one of the COVID threads, but it popped into my mind just now.

Lol, good memory.. but yeah, that was a while back.. spent my 20s living in Los Angeles as a struggling filmmaker/writer/actor/whatever.. Had a little bit of success at times, but mostly dead-ends.. Now I’m in my 40s working in healthcare, and that other existence seems like a lifetime ago.

I believe our very own guidomerkinsrules worked in Entertainment a lot more recently than i did, so he might have his finger on the pulse of how things are going in that community.. my guess is that things are very, very ugly and unlikely to change in the near future.. made even worse by the nature of the fact that most workers in the industry are living on the edge financially anyway, because that’s pretty much the price you have to pay to have any shot at lasting success.

I get how that could be. I had a similar experience with the burger at Barcadia. Stuck on a job, I didn’t eat for like 14 hours. I think Barcadia has a pretty good burger but on that day I would have claimed it best in the city bar none.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom