Hargrove is certifiably insane!!! (2 Viewers)

I get a little superstitous in my fandom too, but thats crazy.

I will stick to driniking Pilsners switching to Porters if we get behind and eating the Market Fresh Seafood Salad at Awful Arthur's even if the game is on public TV.

I was listening to WWL before the game (thank you Al Gore for the interwebs), my normal game day ritual, when on comes an interview with Hargrove. At first I hadn't a clue who it was but was quite shocked at the response to the question, "What are your game day superstitions?". Once I learned it was Hargrove, it made perfect sense.

When asked the question, Hargrove replied, "I know this sounds strange, but I shave my legs before every game. Not only that, but during the first game, I accidentally cut myself. So now before every game I have to cut myself and the deeper the cut, the more points we score. One of the players told me to be careful because someone may think I am a cutter! I just hope my skin heals fast enough so this winning streak can continue."

Okay, I love this team and have loved this team since I was a kid. When I was 6 all I wanted for Christmas was a Saints jacket, not a toy, but a Saints jacket! But this stuff is crazy. Don't get me wrong, I am glad we have the guy and I am glad he is willing to um, sacrifice, for victories, but seriously he needs therapy...

anyone else heard this interview?

I thought he said, the more I cut myself the more we score. Either way, kind of nutty and I kept hoping he would say the tradition started from being bad at shaving his legs.

He went on to say I know it sounds crazy and he hoped it didn't make him end up in the hospital again. That said, there are some good medications out there to help the big guy.

So if he cuts a limb off will it guarantee a Super Bowl victory?

I heard it as well. Unusual to say the least. He's a good player, though. A great pick-up who now is going to be a starter. Aggressive, play-maker who can rush the passer. He'll do fine. Now, we've got to get Clancy playing welll again.

please no therapy until after the superbowl, we need him just the way he is, he will go through, around, over, under, to get to the qb or rb and tackle them.

Loving this guy. I told my wife I was not that worrying after seeing him come in for Ellis... Hargrove has a HUGE motor and is very, very disruptive!

On the first play he blew up, I saw him jump up early and watched him. It was awesome. I was afraid he'd get a penalty, but he seemed to be moving at a different speed than everyone else. Like that Star Trek episode where the people are moving so fast they sound like flies buzzing.

His only therapy should be going out every Sunday and beating the crap out of the other teams.

Last edited:
How is what he is doing different from having a team mate slap you around before the game ?

I too have tweeted a bit with Hargrowe and yes he is very different. He does sound very motivated though and is working hard to fight his personal deamons. If you read his story you would see that there has been absolutely nothing conventional about his life either

This article was posted a few weeks back but it does tell something about his background

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/808853.html#

That Hargrove has been given yet another NFL chance is hardly an injustice considering his story. He came from one of the toughest, poorest, most drug- and crime-infested neighborhoods in Brooklyn. His mother contracted AIDS when he was young.
He lived on the streets of New York, bouncing from shelter to shelter, stealing for food and running from social workers. He was shuffled from foster home to foster home. He watched his mom, paralyzed from the waist down near the end, die in a hospital when he was 9.
After two more years in foster care, he was rescued by his aunt and uncle, who became his adoptive parents and moved him to Florida.

On the first play he blew up, I saw him jump up early and watched him. It was awesome. I was afraid he'd get a penalty, but he seemed to be moving at a different speed than everyone else. Like that Star Trek episode where the people are moving so fast they sound like flies buzzing.

His only therapy should be going out every Sunday and beatting the crap out of the other teams.

:plus-un2:

Kinda like John Hemderson getting hit in the face before ever game. Still I hope I'm never alone with him in an alley or something.

Sounds like the perfect mentality for a defensive beast. Physical talent and smarts are important, but a little sprinking of crazy is what puts it over the top.

Ever seen Ray Lewis?

Ellis going down seemed to change the game.

Hargrove came in and played like he did in preseason. Blowing that guard up and making another play in the backfield. He had the biggest impact on the game of any defensive linemen yesterday. I hope we get Clancy back soon so we don't have to force Ellis back.

For an emo, dat guy sure can charge a backfield.

:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom