Hargrove is certifiably insane!!! (1 Viewer)

City Champ

HOF 2010
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was listening to WWL before the game (thank you Al Gore for the interwebs), my normal game day ritual, when on comes an interview with Hargrove. At first I hadn't a clue who it was but was quite shocked at the response to the question, "What are your game day superstitions?". Once I learned it was Hargrove, it made perfect sense.

When asked the question, Hargrove replied, "I know this sounds strange, but I shave my legs before every game. Not only that, but during the first game, I accidentally cut myself. So now before every game I have to cut myself and the deeper the cut, the more points we score. One of the players told me to be careful because someone may think I am a cutter! I just hope my skin heals fast enough so this winning streak can continue."

Okay, I love this team and have loved this team since I was a kid. When I was 6 all I wanted for Christmas was a Saints jacket, not a toy, but a Saints jacket! But this stuff is crazy. Don't get me wrong, I am glad we have the guy and I am glad he is willing to um, sacrifice, for victories, but seriously he needs therapy...

anyone else heard this interview?

wow thats pretty creepy.... i hope he continues his sack streak on matt ryan next monday!

I don't care if he looks like a street map of NYC at the end of the season as long as it works.

Yeah there was an article floating around when we first picked him up about how his old coaches have been quoted as saying he hears voices... literally.

. . . When asked the question, Hargrove replied, "I know this sounds strange, but I shave my legs before every game. Not only that, but during the first game, I accidentally cut myself. So now before every game I have to cut myself and the deeper the cut, the more points we score. . . .

I've heard of guys bleeding for the team, but this takes it to another level.

I heard this interview during the pregame. At first, when he said he shaves his legs, I figured that was his superstition. You know, shave his legs before the game. Seems like the sort of thing a football player would do - wear the same socks, wear an undershirt from their college team, shave their legs, etc. But then he said he has to cut them, and the deeper the cut, the more points they score, and I was like, "What the hell?"

I was listening to WWL before the game (thank you Al Gore for the interwebs), my normal game day ritual, when on comes an interview with Hargrove. At first I hadn't a clue who it was but was quite shocked at the response to the question, "What are your game day superstitions?". Once I learned it was Hargrove, it made perfect sense.

When asked the question, Hargrove replied, "I know this sounds strange, but I shave my legs before every game. Not only that, but during the first game, I accidentally cut myself. So now before every game I have to cut myself and the deeper the cut, the more points we score. One of the players told me to be careful because someone may think I am a cutter! I just hope my skin heals fast enough so this winning streak can continue."

Okay, I love this team and have loved this team since I was a kid. When I was 6 all I wanted for Christmas was a Saints jacket, not a toy, but a Saints jacket! But this stuff is crazy. Don't get me wrong, I am glad we have the guy and I am glad he is willing to um, sacrifice, for victories, but seriously he needs therapy...

anyone else heard this interview?
I heard it and wanted to start a thread about it but I got caught up cooking a roast. That was crazy, but listening to him speak, there is some sort of clever wisdom behind his voice and the craziness he speaks. He is like ODB or something.

So what's weirder, him shaving his legs or the cutting...

those new safety razors make it a bit harder, but I usually wind up cutting myself a bit. Do I have to do that now every game day!!! YIKES!!!!

I've talked to Hargrove on twitter a few different times and he is, how you say, quite different. I constantly let him know how proud we are of him remaining clean and we joked to never let Goodell ever have any of his money anymore. He truly appreciates the chance the FO has given him and appears to be handling everything well right now.

As far as shaving the legs, I knew a few guys in HS & college that did that to help w/ the brush burns and such, so maybe that started there.

I cant explain the cutting part, but it's his superstition so Im not going knock it.

Um doc, can we get a type and match for Mr Hargrove in case he bleeds to death and we need to transfuse him.......:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom