Hargrove on kickoff coverage (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This was the first game Ive been able to go to this year so I hadn't had a chance to notice it before today, but I noticed big Anthony Hargrove on kickoff coverage today. I thought it seemed pretty odd for a defensive tackle to be on kickoff duty, but maybe it's more prevelant than I think. Anyway, since I noticed this, I made it a point to watch AH all the way on the next kickoff, and man am I glad I did. The big was the first guy down the field and he straight up flattened the first blocker for the return man harder than Ive ever seen one hit, then pops up and forces the returner to cut into a herd of Saints players. That was fun to watch!

He has been on kickoff coverage all year I believe. I remember watching him last year. It is fun to watch the big guy go full speed down the field and look to blow someone up. I know for sure I would not want to make a block on him with a 40yd head of steam coming at me.

Does anyone have a clip of him blowing the guy up on the coverage in the 2nd half. I am pretty sure it was him, it was the kickoff we held them inside the 20.

Does anyone have a clip of him blowing the guy up on the coverage in the 2nd half. I am pretty sure it was him, it was the kickoff we held them inside the 20.

it was...he blew up Tashard Choice...they showed a slo mo replay of it on Fox when it happened.

Awesome- it was on the far side of the field from where we were sitting but it was great.

I saw him on the ground afterwards and thought he was hurt. He was/is a beast on kickoffs

I noticed him too for the first time on kickoff coverage. Big boy gets down field super fast ! I was laughing! He is a beast

I love when Hargrove and Galette are on kickoff coverage. I've seen them both totally blow up their men. Hopefully Galette is active more next year so we can see them both go down there and wreck people!

This guy played DT for the Colts, but he's a linebacker with Denver now

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/srUo2MDngJE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/srUo2MDngJE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hargrove has the fastest 40 time of any DT in the league, true statement

That's not a stretch when you consider he started his career at DE and converted to DT without putting very much weight on.

He works as a "wall" buster. I know the wall isn't allowed anymore, but what Anthony does on Kickoffs is run into the blockers and try to take as many of them out as he can. I bet he really enjoys it. The dude is insane.

Yea AH is freakishly fast. I have heard comments can't remember them exactly but his team mates are really impressed with his size speed combination.

I believe this. If you watch the super bowl, he met a Colts KR at his own 10 yard line after one of our kickoffs. I remember at the time thinking that I'd never seen a DT get downfield that fast

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom