Harper and Laurenitis (1 Viewer)

yes it does, you also recover faster.

"smarts" without speed gets you in the wrong position, knowing youre in the wrong position, and knowing you cant don anything about it.

Mark Fields had all the speed in the world, but he never developed to the great player that he should have been because lack of smarts (at lease when he was here).

The real headscratcher is that Harper went to Carolina and actually made plays on the ball.

Back here for 3 games and he's already busting out his signature move, the Drop the Easy INT.

its like he never left!

Anthony was horrendous last year as well. Bust.

Demonstrably untrue. He had a very good rookie season. I do think his problems with alignment had a lot to do with Ryan and his convoluted calls. Anthony shouldn't have been moved and he should have been given a shot to grow. The move to SAM just doesn't seem like a fit.

I get that the staff thought they were getting Vilma 2.0 with JL but the results are not there. He may have a high football IQ, but he has lost a step or two and last night there were a few instances where the Falcons caught the Saints out of position and unprepared. So even if you think Anthony is horrible, at least he is a young athletic MIKE who could learn and be better....you know like a lot of 2nd year players.

If they're hellbent on making Anthony a SAM then I do agree with another poster who said we should trade him. It's a waste of everyone's time.

How about this

yes it does, you also recover faster.

"smarts" without speed gets you in the wrong position, knowing youre in the wrong position, and knowing you cant don anything about it.

"smarts" without speed lets you see the right position, knowing you can't get to the right position, and then knowing you can't do anything about it.
There I fixed for you.:hihi:

Both Peat and Anthony are playing out of position that they were drafted to play and had stellar college careers at. Anthony is not a bust he is playing out of position learning a new position and being depended on to start and play as if he is a vet at the position when last year he played his natural position and assignment calls or not produced 100+ tackles and you could see him shooting the gaps in run defense and playing solid pass coverage all that talk about JL and his leadership is BS to me as he is a player who just does not have it anymore but because of his experience he is more valuable to the coaches.
Yet again coaching and questionable staff judgement.

How about the 3 ILB's we had to chose from. McKinney, Kendricks and Anthony. Two are starting for very good defenses and looking good, the other we drafted and moved to OLB then the bench.

McKinney and Kendricks went to already top ten defenses. Anthony came to a 32nd defensive unit, of course they are going to stand out more.

You guys don't seem to realize that free agency is about finding stopgaps and depth, not finding your new stars. There are exceptions like Brees, but they are rare. There is a reason that they are free agents They have flaws or their original team would have kept them. That is why they say teams are built through the draft. It is what it is. We have been hit with injuries on an epic scale. 8 of 12 defensive (nickel back included) out. What do you guys expect? Quit your whining and support our team!

Y.There is a reason that they are free agents They have flaws or their original team would have kept them.
Does this apply to Carl Nicks? Darren Sproles? Malcolm Jenkins? Jimmy Graham? Maybe we paid too much to keep or acquire the wrong players and not enough to keep the good ones?

Does this apply to Carl Nicks? Darren Sproles? Malcolm Jenkins? Jimmy Graham? Maybe we paid too much to keep or acquire the wrong players and not enough to keep the good ones?

You are probably the only SR poster that thinks Jenkins was a good player for us... count myself in ;)

I have two saints jersey one is Colston the other one is Jenkins.

Speed can be overrated sometimes. It is very important, but it is more important to have the "smarts" you need to play the position. If you don't know what to do, having speed with only put you in the wrong place faster.
There is some chance you can play smarter, there is no chance you'll get faster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom