Harper on last year's D: "We sucked." (1 Viewer)

Yes we suck but notably You blow lemon ...Mr Can't Cover -with -a- 15- yd- cushion!

I've had enough with Harper.

He sucks in coverage and apparently he's a cheap *******.

If you guys ever wonder why players aren't loyal to teams and their fans, come back and read this thread.

I get that Harper hasn't played up to his contract and that he is over paid for what he has done in the last few years. And I even think that we do need an upgrade at SS, but the level of venom for a guy who has done nothing but play football to the best of his ability for a team we all love, is amazing. Why would players be loyal to a team or fans when this is the level of support they get from some of the fan base?

Well maybe this analogy will help you understand why its a fans rite to have these feeling:

Say Harper personally own two mansions he needs painted completly inside and out, and say Harper hires a new young paint crew without much experience on large and elaborate homes to paint his first house. He decides that he wants this new crew on his job bc his last crew he used retired, and he wants a reliable crew around for years to come. Harper evaluated other jobs the crew did on smaller houses before agreeing to hire them. They agree to an average fee paid half at a midway checkpoint then half at the completion of first house and then they will negotiate for the second house before starting based on the quality of the job. After the halfway point he is impressed and they are paid to finish the job. Harper doesn't realize tho that the crew had someone working with then part time that was great w edging, but that painter wouldn't be able to work the second house.

Well say Roman is very impressed with total quality of the first job (really good but not elite work), so much so that he decides to over pay just to show how satisfied he is with the work they've done even though the new price he is paying is a lot higher than the crew deserved, and Harper agrees to pay 70/30 before starting and then completion. Well when time comes for Harper to evaluate the progress of the work at around its halfway point he discovers that the quality of the paint job around the edges in every room are so subpar to what the contract warrants that he will need to hire somone else to completely redo all that work, and he has already paid a lot for a very bad result. Anyone would be upset with those results, just like any teams' fans/FO would feel that way after giving someone a top 5 strong safety contract and not have that person even come close to performing well enough to deserve such high pay.

I think Harper would be furious w the crew he hired and he would want to fire the ones he over paid and replace them with some crew that can do the entire job well. Well we are the fans - we pay money for tickets, merchandise, etc. which in turn pads the pockets of the owners who in turn pay the players. We do not make the personel calls for coaches, players, and staff but we are entitled to our opinions, and the owners should be aware of the majority of the fans' povs bc we are the ones they need to please in the long run bc we determine if the franchise is profitable or not. The edge work comparison would be his coverage skills if you didn't catch on to that lol.

If he doesn't want the fans to feel that way about him then he should play better football overall, and I'm sure he'd be the first to agree w me on that statement. He knows that in order to be appreciated or praised as a footballer or safety more specifically then w needs to be good at pass coverage and not w a one trick pony at getting into the backfield. That's a rush linebackers job.

Cueing Kenny Vaccaro...

He hasn't played a down yet to even know if he will be good or not. Not saying he won't be but comparing a rookie that hasn't even put on Saints practice clothes yet to a what six-seven year starter on a team that won a Super Bowl not that long ago makes not sense.

He hasn't played a down yet to even know if he will be good or not. Not saying he won't be but comparing a rookie that hasn't even put on Saints practice clothes yet to a what six-seven year starter on a team that won a Super Bowl not that long ago makes not sense.

If he can cover Tavon Austin, then I see no reason to temper my enthusiam

I don't get why people keep using Harper as the goat in that Frisco playoff game. That Saints turned the ball over 5 times in that game...and not only that, it was Jenkins..not Harper...who gave up that huge pass play to Vernon Davis which put the Niners in scoring position on that final drive. It probably didn't help that Gregg Williams blitzed on that play, either.

Because hes consistently bad in coverage, and that game highlights his career in coverage.

How many times did he cover him in his career? I want him to be Ed Reed 2.0 but way to early for that.

Considering the job he did the 1 time he went up against Austin, I'd b willing to bet he's able to replicate that performance against guys of similar calibur. Now ofcourse he could get injured during his career. And depending on the type of injury, it could downgrade his abilities dramatically. But for now, IMO, I think theres enuff proof in the pudding

Considering the job he did the 1 time he went up against Austin, I'd b willing to bet he's able to replicate that performance against guys of similar calibur. Now ofcourse he could get injured during his career. And depending on the type of injury, it could downgrade his abilities dramatically. But for now, IMO, I think theres enuff proof in the pudding

So off of one time you think he can keep doing it? Makes sense. Anyway, like I said I hope he does awesome but as of now we do not know. Nobody does.

So off of one time you think he can keep doing it? Makes sense. Anyway, like I said I hope he does awesome but as of now we do not know. Nobody does.

Look ur either able to do sumthin or ur not. Every great player started off by making 1 great play...then they kept on doin it. If u choose to b cautious then thats u. Me on the other hand will b lookin forward to see KV make impactful plays for us...n I'll leave it at that

If you guys ever wonder why players aren't loyal to teams and their fans, come back and read this thread.

I get that Harper hasn't played up to his contract and that he is over paid for what he has done in the last few years. And I even think that we do need an upgrade at SS, but the level of venom for a guy who has done nothing but play football to the best of his ability for a team we all love, is amazing. Why would players be loyal to a team or fans when this is the level of support they get from some of the fan base?

Don't you get that it's not personal? It's performance-based love and hate - that's all. I don't understand why that is such a difficult concept for people to grasp. If a player is good or great, then the fans love him. If he's not good, then the fans don't like him. If the player is really bad, then the fans hate him. It's that simple. Fans don't care if someone tries hard. Fans care if a player makes plays or not. It's a business. Harper is either an asset to the team or he's not. In Harper's case, he's a liability. If Jesus Christ played SS for the Saints as bad as Harper has, then I would hate on him too.

Harper doesn't realize tho that the crew had someone working with then part time that was great w edging, but that painter wouldn't be able to work the second house.

Who was the secret guy that was really good with edging that jetted after Harper signed a new deal and wouldn't be there to make him look good?

By the way, there is no such thing as a defensive back who is great at the line of scrimmage, but lacks cover skills. I mean, what the heck is that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom