Harper on last year's D: "We sucked." (1 Viewer)

Despite all the flack that Harper gets around here
like him or not, he is still a decent player. As we have already
witnessed he can be better than decent when used the right way.
A lot of experts here want Harper gone but IMO he wasn't the only nor was he the main
problem last year. If he was really as bad as u guys make him out to be,
there is no way the Saints keep him, cap hit or not.

"Of course (I welcome the competition)."

Yeah, like he's really got a choice.

With all that bg music, I couldn't hear RH say much. The music drowns out too much and I know only from what others have posted here AND what I SAW WITH MY OWN TWO EYES! Roman Harper is and will be one of my favorite SAINTS of The SAINTS SUPERBOWL ERA--- Mean Gene Atkins he ain't and he damned sure isn't Sammy Knight but he's close but no cigar but he plays hard, his Dad is/was a solid Coach @ Alabama and he's been mentored and played with one of the NFL GREAT SAFTIES in Darren Sharper as an On-Field Coach. Gotta think last year it's hard to blame anyone on Defense or on the whole team for that matter ( talking Players here). I'm think Our Guys played up to their Coaching and we ALL KNOW the distractions got in the way ( enough to excuse missed tackles or blown assignments ? I don't know enough to say. Do ANY of US know any of that for certain? I don't think so!) So, I'm in a "Wait and See!" mindset with high expectations of the whole team. Roman Harper will need to step up as with every player on that side of the ball right along with Coach Ryan ( that still sounds odd to write or say or think) got to hope for The BEST and I KNOW they'll be prepared! Coach Payton's calls and intensity as we move closer to Camp and the cuts should tell us a LOT! By the time of The Season, Gotta think they'll be soooooo READY , but HEY! That's just me being a Homer, as the Zen Master said: "We'll see!". GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!!!!!!!!

tumblr_m57xd65swZ1qjvxfho1_500.jpg

With all that bg music, I couldn't hear RH say much. The music drowns out too much and I know only from what others have posted here AND what I SAW WITH MY OWN TWO EYES! Roman Harper is and will be one of my favorite SAINTS of The SAINTS SUPERBOWL ERA--- Mean Gene Atkins he ain't and he damned sure isn't Sammy Knight but he's close but no cigar but he plays hard, his Dad is/was a solid Coach @ Alabama and he's been mentored and played with one of the NFL GREAT SAFTIES in Darren Sharper as an On-Field Coach. Gotta think last year it's hard to blame anyone on Defense or on the whole team for that matter ( talking Players here). I'm think Our Guys played up to their Coaching and we ALL KNOW the distractions got in the way ( enough to excuse missed tackles or blown assignments ? I don't know enough to say. Do ANY of US know any of that for certain? I don't think so!) So, I'm in a "Wait and See!" mindset with high expectations of the whole team. Roman Harper will need to step up as with every player on that side of the ball right along with Coach Ryan ( that still sounds odd to write or say or think) got to hope for The BEST and I KNOW they'll be prepared! Coach Payton's calls and intensity as we move closer to Camp and the cuts should tell us a LOT! By the time of The Season, Gotta think they'll be soooooo READY , but HEY! That's just me being a Homer, as the Zen Master said: "We'll see!". GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!!!!!!!!

Lot to read but I get where u are going. If the saints brass
value Harper then I'm all for it. Most people here do not see his value
but It is obvious to me. Guess u have to be a football player to see it.
There is a lot more that goes into being a football player than the Sunday
afternoon eye test. Sure he is a liability in coverage but most
strong safeties are. Again, like him or not he brings swag and toughness to our
secondary ask Steve Smith.

The last line in the article says it best.

They'll look at him with fresh eyes this summer to try and figure out of if he's still the kind of player they can't afford to lose - instead of one they can't afford to keep.

Harper still owed my uncle $2000 for a garage door installation from 5 years ago...... THIS is why i dont care for the dude. got nothing to do with his football talent.... but when you make 7 mil a year, you should be able to pay a $2000 bill........ aside from that, dude is a strong safety..... anyone using the excuse that he should be cut due to his lack of cover skills, find me a strong safety in the league who possesses elite, or even abover average, cover skills..... thats not what strong safeties do. he was never supposed to be like Darren Sharper.... that was supposed to be Malcolm Jenkins job, but i dont see him getting half the flack that Harper gets. Harper is a secondary extra linebacker who is supposed to play minimal coverage and be heavily involved in the run game. and anyway, if he gets cut, then my uncle will NEVER see his money!

Harper still owed my uncle $2000 for a garage door installation from 5 years ago...... THIS is why i dont care for the dude. got nothing to do with his football talent.... but when you make 7 mil a year, you should be able to pay a $2000 bill........ aside from that, dude is a strong safety..... anyone using the excuse that he should be cut due to his lack of cover skills, find me a strong safety in the league who possesses elite, or even abover average, cover skills..... thats not what strong safeties do. he was never supposed to be like Darren Sharper.... that was supposed to be Malcolm Jenkins job, but i dont see him getting half the flack that Harper gets. Harper is a secondary extra linebacker who is supposed to play minimal coverage and be heavily involved in the run game. and anyway, if he gets cut, then my uncle will NEVER see his money!

Safe to say, your uncle is already never seeing his money. And "secondary extra linebackers" are a thing of the past. Due to rule changes and how pass heavy the league has become, if you can't cover, you don't belong in the secondary.

Harper certainly has the right attitude but he doesn't have much choice either. The organization obviously sees some value with him. I am surprised he wasn't asked to restructure especially after so many other players were.

Either Ryan sees some serious value in using Harper in a rotation (especially in blitzing packages) or we are just waiting to make sure Vacarro can handle the job with the intent of cutting Harper during roster cuts. His salary just seems hard to justify for a rotational Strong Safety.

Didn't wanna start a new thread for this so I'll stick it here...

From the NFL Media research team: The Saints held a lead in 14 of 16 games last season. They averaged 28.8 points per game, the most by a team to finish with a losing record since the 2004 Kansas City Chiefs, who went 10-6 the following season.

source

Your offense averages 28.8 ppg and you lose 9 games. Yes Harp... the defense sucked. Offense had their moments as well with the turnovers too so I can't put it all on the defnese. But still... they sucked.

Didn't wanna start a new thread for this so I'll stick it here...

Your offense averages 28.8 ppg and you lose 9 games. Yes Harp... the defense sucked. Offense had their moments as well with the turnovers too so I can't put it all on the defnese. But still... they sucked.
The Saints lead every game, with the exception of the Giants and Broncos I believe, how is that not on the defense? As much as I hate to say it, a GW defense puts us in the play offs last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom