HARTLEY (merged X 3) (1 Viewer)

mrsports

Reaction score
I have to take credit for Hartley's good play yesterday. Before even kick i called him:

Shankapotumus

and he made every kick. Don't worry, I will keep doing it the rest of the season :)

SAINTIN NEBR

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
the first two field goals were ugly but counted. Actually I was scared that the network replay of the first fg were trying to give the replay people something to "look at for possible overturning", the way it looked on tv made it look like it went right over the right upright pole... maybe thats the conspiracy theorist in me. anyway.. I was impressed that the kick off coverage seems to be getting better. The first half of the season I think the opponents average starting field position was their 40 yard line. Now it looks like the 30 yard line. I'm still seeing too many missed arm tackles..gotta get those cleaned up.

Saint Jeremy

SR is my life!
Reaction score
It's funny, I was very calm when he went for the 53 yarder. But when he went for the 28 yarder, I was very nervous.

I think he's got his grove back. Not only did he make his kicks, but he didn't shank any of them to the left. The HS connection must have paid off.

SaintsBrazil

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Did they ever raise that thing that people were worried about kicked footballs hitting?

That was one reason I wanted the Saints to have a way-out-of-hand lead in the 4th, so Morstead could punt and hit that thing, just for fun.

Slidell Mike

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I have to give a lot fo credit to Chase Daniel yesterday. The new long snapper was a bit shaky (not horrible like Ingram but still a bit off). Chase got all of the snaps down and gave Hartley clean holds.

Dragon

Official SR Twitter Team
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have to give a lot fo credit to Chase Daniel yesterday. The new long snapper was a bit shaky (not horrible like Ingram but still a bit off). Chase got all of the snaps down and gave Hartley clean holds.

I though that I was the only one who noticed that. I thought the second snap in particular was a little high, but haven't been able to go back and watch since they are not on the NFL highlight videos :jpshakehead:

Danleco

Travelin' Again
Reaction score
He looked pretty good in warm-ups. I saw him hit one clean through at 60 yards, with plenty of room to go.

And he, Daniel & the new LS worked together ALL pre-game. During the halftime performance, they were just out of camera shot kicking practice field goals & snap from all over the field inside the 40. Hartley probably kicked 2x as many practice kicks as Buehler did.

Danleco

Travelin' Again
Reaction score
Did they ever raise that thing that people were worried about kicked footballs hitting?

That was one reason I wanted the Saints to have a way-out-of-hand lead in the 4th, so Morstead could punt and hit that thing, just for fun.

No. From my seats on the 50 yard line, Morstead nailed a couple of practice punts within 10 feet of it. I couldn't tell the horizontal distance, but vertically he was close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines