HARTLEY (merged X 3) (1 Viewer)

We would Hartley miss him. Or would we?

Come on. There's gotta be some love to spread around for Hartley. He made some pretty clutch field goals.

I watched the game with Dallas fans. The way Hartley bent his field goals to land inside the uprights was hilarious.

Then be thankful those kicks were outside 30 yards.

If kicking shorter, he probably doesn't compensate as much for the hook.

If they haven't already, they need to take ultra slow motion closeups of his foot and see why he is hooking.

I have to take credit for Hartley's good play yesterday. Before even kick i called him:

Shankapotumus

and he made every kick. Don't worry, I will keep doing it the rest of the season :)

the first two field goals were ugly but counted. Actually I was scared that the network replay of the first fg were trying to give the replay people something to "look at for possible overturning", the way it looked on tv made it look like it went right over the right upright pole... maybe thats the conspiracy theorist in me. anyway.. I was impressed that the kick off coverage seems to be getting better. The first half of the season I think the opponents average starting field position was their 40 yard line. Now it looks like the 30 yard line. I'm still seeing too many missed arm tackles..gotta get those cleaned up.

It's funny, I was very calm when he went for the 53 yarder. But when he went for the 28 yarder, I was very nervous.

I think he's got his grove back. Not only did he make his kicks, but he didn't shank any of them to the left. The HS connection must have paid off.

Hartley was money and Saints would not have won game without him. The South Lake Carroll HS connection (snapper, holder, & kicker) was in sync and worked well together. Lets hope it continues for rest of the season.

I have to give props to Hartley last night, he was money. I was actually happy to see his kicks closer to the right upright. He even did pretty well on the kick offs.

Did they ever raise that thing that people were worried about kicked footballs hitting?

That was one reason I wanted the Saints to have a way-out-of-hand lead in the 4th, so Morstead could punt and hit that thing, just for fun.

I have to give a lot fo credit to Chase Daniel yesterday. The new long snapper was a bit shaky (not horrible like Ingram but still a bit off). Chase got all of the snaps down and gave Hartley clean holds.

I have to give a lot fo credit to Chase Daniel yesterday. The new long snapper was a bit shaky (not horrible like Ingram but still a bit off). Chase got all of the snaps down and gave Hartley clean holds.

I though that I was the only one who noticed that. I thought the second snap in particular was a little high, but haven't been able to go back and watch since they are not on the NFL highlight videos :jpshakehead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom