hartley suspension (1 Viewer)

I've been wondering what happens with this after the bye. Do they bring Hartley back or do they stick with what they've got?

true. morestead better have kickoff duties for ever but i dont know how long of a fg carney can handle. but on another note hartley has not been too accurate, might be interesting. we need a long term kicker

Who cares! Morestead and Carney are doing better.

I wouldn't go that far. I'm not saying that Carney is doing bad. But because of the suspension, we now know that Morstead will probably continue to kick off when Hartley comes back. That's fine. Please tell me though, when Hartley has ever missed a FG as a Saint in the regular season. Also, do you think Carney can kick a 52 yard FG?

The Saints aren't going to be in a position to kick FGs of 45+ because of the lack of range that Carney has. It is possible that you see both kickers on the roster depending on how we are shaping up at other positions.

I wouldn't go that far. I'm not saying that Carney is doing bad. But because of the suspension, we now know that Morstead will probably continue to kick off when Hartley comes back. That's fine. Please tell me though, when Hartley has ever missed a FG as a Saint in the regular season. Also, do you think Carney can kick a 52 yard FG?

I was going to say pretty much the exact same thing. The Saints had to go for it on 3rd and 8 on the 32nd yard line, because that is out of Karney's range. That is an average kick for Garret. I think some of you people have forgotten that he went 23 for 23 last year, and that Hartley is the future kicker of this franchise.

Its just like the Mike Bell, Pierre Thomas situation. You haven't seen PT play in a year, and Mike Bell does well, so you forget about PT. That is until he blows up for 130 yards in 2 halves. Now, he's back in your hearts, and Mike Bell is back on the bench.

Give Hartley a chance again guys, I have a feeling what happend was an accident, and he will be a great kicker for us for many many years.

Nfl Gameday made a mistake after one of the TD's and initially said that Carney missed the PAT. I thought, "How can he do that?" Luckily, they fixed it and it was 17-7, not 16-7. :eek:

Carney is only here short term. Hartley is the Saints kicker and he has proved his value to the team.

He is young and young people will make stupid mistakes by thinking with the wrong head.

I see people forgetting Carney has limited range...we had to go for it twice at our 30 because Carney was out of range from there...be mad at Harley all you want, but he is a better kicker at this point...stronger leg, and upside...we cant keep recycling older vets..Hartley is our kicker until he falls flat on his face...there only expendable when you dont have one...we found one in Hartley.

The Saints aren't going to be in a position to kick FGs of 45+ because of the lack of range that Carney has. It is possible that you see both kickers on the roster depending on how we are shaping up at other positions.
We went for it on 4th once today when it would have been a 52 yarder that I'm certain they would have tried with Hartley. Still, a tough decision no doubt. If we have misses with Hartley, or have to go for it with Carney I can see Payton as getting criticized. If neither situation comes up much, or we stay undefeated, I can't see anyone caring which they go with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom