Harvard Soccer Team Season Cancelled over "Scouting Report" of Women's Team (1 Viewer)

I have not read the article but what if this was done by one or two players? Was the entire team actually involved? This really sucks for the guys that may not have had anything to do with this. I'm not saying it wasn't a dumb idea but punishing the entire team seems a bit much. I really feel sorry for the seniors.

So, will anyone that is the member of a collegiate athletics program be kicked off the team for visiting a strip club?

I am sure that this is a good opportunity for an Obama joke pointing out the irony that Harvard wants to teach their students that actions have consequences but it is too late in the afternoon for me to come up with one.

If it was 2012, wouldn't most people involved be graduated?

If it was 2012, wouldn't most people involved be graduated?

I glossed over the article, but I believe it started in 2012 with an investigation... then they found they kept doing it and it was more wide spread than thought?

The report prompted a university investigation which found that the practice was "widespread across the team" and continued into the 2016 season, Harvard Athletics Director Bob Scalise said in an email to student athletes.
Current students "were not immediately forthcoming about their involvement," he added, leading to the decision to forfeit remaining games.

The report prompted a university investigation which found that the practice was "widespread across the team" and continued into the 2016 season, Harvard Athletics Director Bob Scalise said in an email to student athletes.
Current students "were not immediately forthcoming about their involvement," he added, leading to the decision to forfeit remaining games.

pfft. Reading. Whatev

I used to fall into that trap all the time.

"Did you say my friend is hot?"

"No."

"Oh, so you're you saying she's ugly?!?"

"Wait, no... what?"

So, no one could tell me why this isn't a crazy over reaction? Or am I missing something here?

When you really think about it...."this thread is useless without pics" is getting close to SJW crybag material.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

When you really think about it...."this thread is useless without pics" is getting close to SJW crybag material.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It's all just a snake eating its own tail at this point.

So, Ward, your stance is that it's okay for a team being sponsored by a university to put forth something like this? With extremely crude language objectifying their fellow students? And not in passing conversation, but in a written document that presumably was widely available?

If it's not okay, and they were told to knock it off in 2012, and the practice continued unabated and even got worse, what should be the consequences, in your opinion?

I'm no prude, and there's no doubt these conversations happen a lot. When does it go too far? Do the women have any right to their personal dignity?

It's one thing to ogle and discuss and rate actresses or models, their occupation puts them out there and they understand that. I don't think these athletes should be treated this way, that's not a reasonable expectation of their participation in a college sports program.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom