Has any STH ever been comped anything from the Saints? (1 Viewer)

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I have an issue where I paid my full payment for Season Tickets and i even got an invoice saying I was paid in full and had no payment due on 5/29. Now, I got a call today saying that was an error and I DO owe $783 that was due on 5/29. They are saying they refunded my card by mistake, even though I am not seeing a credit on my bank statement. I don’t use credit cards, only debit, and based on the invoice, I wasn’t expecting to have to pay any more, so it will put me in a bit of a bind for my current month’s budget, so I asked if they could, since it was their error, give me some kind of comp. he said he could give me an extension but everything I suggested he had an excuse as to why they couldn’t do it. Discount on remainder of balance - NFL won’t allow discount on tickets. Concession stand credit - 3rd party vendors, they don’t control price. I asked how do Pelicans STH get concession credit and he said different contract with NBA. I am sure their must be SOMETHING they can comp me for their error. Parking, merch, anything? Has anyone ever gotten any kind of comp from the Saints so I know what to ask for when the Director calls me tomorrow? They keep bragging about how they are tops in the league in customer service. Now is the time for them to put their money where their mouth is.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you're looking for. You owe them the money. I'd just wait for the credit to show up on your end to make sure it all looks straight, then pay them the money.

I have an issue where I paid my full payment for Season Tickets and i even got an invoice saying I was paid in full and had no payment due on 5/29. Now, I got a call today saying that was an error and I DO owe $783 that was due on 5/29. They are saying they refunded my card by mistake, even though I am not seeing a credit on my bank statement. I don’t use credit cards, only debit, and based on the invoice, I wasn’t expecting to have to pay any more, so it will put me in a bit of a bind for my current month’s budget, so I asked if they could, since it was their error, give me some kind of comp. he said he could give me an extension but everything I suggested he had an excuse as to why they couldn’t do it. Discount on remainder of balance - NFL won’t allow discount on tickets. Concession stand credit - 3rd party vendors, they don’t control price. I asked how do Pelicans STH get concession credit and he said different contract with NBA. I am sure their must be SOMETHING they can comp me for their error. Parking, merch, anything? Has anyone ever gotten any kind of comp from the Saints so I know what to ask for when the Director calls me tomorrow? They keep bragging about how they are tops in the league in customer service. Now is the time for them to put their money where their mouth is.
or maybe stop asking for free things simply bc you had 5 seconds of inconvenience...? Don't be that guy at the restaurant who eats half their meal then decides they didn't like it and would like a free dessert in return.

My family's had tickets for 54 years.

I've had season tickets for other teams for kicks in my life's travels (eg, Knicks season tickets, long story), and I have no beef with the Saints organization, particularly since 2006. I've paid for my tickets and they've kept up their end of the bargain in trying to win titles and improve the fan experience.

Sure, we'd all like more sugar and tchotchke for our ticket prices but from ownership on down (and I truly believe Benson changed after Katrina) they have committed to the city and to winning, so I am content with my bargain.

Just hope we have the ability for a practical and safe season, and that Goodell has to bring a crippled child up on the podium to hide behind when he hands Mrs. B the Lombardi.

So it sounds like the issue is that they claim they gave you a refund and you can't see that they did. I'd call your bank to verify otherwise I'd show them the proof that you paid the tickets in full already. The only other option is that your ticket payment didn't go through but you should've noticed having extra money in your account.

Last edited:
Debit is pretty much the same thing as credit. Just because you only have a debit card doesn't mean that they can't issue you a refund using it.

I could be wrong in how I understand this, but if they refunded you then it won’t cut into your budget. Just pay them back the money when it hits your account. I’m sure they will be understanding with the time frame of when I get the refund, I’ll send you the payment.

or maybe stop asking for free things simply bc you had 5 seconds of inconvenience...? Don't be that guy at the restaurant who eats half their meal then decides they didn't like it and would like a free dessert in return.
I’m not asking for a 10% ownership of the team, a freaking coupon for a discount off of something is enough to say “hey, we apologize for our $783 mistake. I may end up having to pay $2349 for $1566 worth of tickets because i’ve combed through my statements and there has been no refund credited to my account, but i can see where they took $783 twice. If i tell them to cancel my account and give someone else the tix, they’ll only refund me $783 instead of the $1566 i paid because for some reason They think they already refunded me $783. Either way, I’m out $783. And you think I’m being greedy asking for a forking tshirt for my extra $783?

Years ago, when Buddy D. was still alive, the Saints used to send a "Media Guide" to all Season Ticket holders. It was basically a booklet with Saints facts, records, bios of players, etc. This was basically pre Internet. Well, the first year that the Saints stopped sending Media Guides, maybe 1997, 98 or so, I called into WWL, got on the show with Buddy D. and I started a rant on how CHEAP the Saints were for not sending a Media Guide. Buddy D. was going crazy.... You mean they stopped sending out Media Guides???? It was hilarious. Somehow the Saints figured out who I was from that radio segment. I got a Media Guide in the mail about a week later.

Dropping my season tickets was the best thing I have ever done. In my opinion it's a total ripoff and downright insulting to charge the prices they do for parking/concessions/admission. I see the game better at home and I don't wait in lines and be told where to sit, what to do. Don't have to deal with drunk idiots. I could go on and on. I am not judging anyone who chooses to go, but my advice to you would be to demand they wave the cost, if they don't, fire them. Right now I would imagine it's a buyers market for tickets.

I could be wrong in how I understand this, but if they refunded you then it won’t cut into your budget. Just pay them back the money when it hits your account. I’m sure they will be understanding with the time frame of when I get the refund, I’ll send you the payment.
The problem is they are saying they refunded me but they didn't actually refund me, so I made 2 payments, they are saying they sent 1 back but did not And now I owe a 3rd payment. They even sent me a statement showing $0.00 balance due in may but now are saying that was a mistake.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom