Has anybody checked out SI.com (1 Viewer)

biglexxx504

It's GO TIME!
Reaction score
I didn't know anything about a SI cover jinx! I read it on Si.com and the canalstreetchronicles.com and was a lil surprised. I knew about the madden jinx but not the SI one. Is this just new to me or did u guys already know about it? I know that I'm superstious and it maybe just me being a lil nervous and with Reggie on the cover...:no: SI.com cover.jpg

reggie gets hurt every year anyway, so i mean i dont think that the SI cover jinx will change that...i hope he doesnt get hurt, im just going with odds and precedent

he had a shoulder injury in 2006, he didnt miss any playing time but he was still banged up

If people are so worried about a jinx, why keep posting about them and making it widely known?

Remember they put Brees on the cover of si the week of the NFCCG in 06 and we all know what happened there.

The Madden Jinx is about injuries. The SI Jinx is about the team losing the game the following week after being on the cover.

You guys gotta get it straight.

A weekly sports magazine is going to have a lot of covers. And it stands to reason that a lot of the people on those covers are going to lose and/or encounter some sort of adversity the next week. There is no jinx, it's simply the law of averages.

So far this football season they've featured the following players on the cover of Sports Illustrated:

Adrian Peterson on 9/21/09. The following week the Vikings beat the 49ers.

Daniel Graham on 10/12/09. The following week the Broncos beat the Chargers.

So this 'jinx' isn't really proving true this season.

Yeah. The only trend I see for this season, spacifically, is that the featured teams' opponents are 'jinxed' with a loss. Too bad for the falclowns!

I don't know about a "jinx", but that cover is one of the best cover pics I've ever seen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom