has anybody heard anything.. (1 Viewer)

Payton said earlier that he wants him back, but that was all he said. Didn't say anything about how much he would be willing to pay him.

He had his chance and failed being a #2 reciever.

But in his mind, and his agent, he will seek #2 money from a different team.

He does put up about 3-4 amazing plays a year though

We gotta stop thinking every player is out to get top dollar, I think Devery loves it in New Orleans and loves the direction this team is going, I think he is humble enough to keep working to get better because of the opportunity the Saints and Coach Payton have given him, I dont think he would want to leave NO with the a bad taste in his mouth, I think he comes back and signs atleast a 1yr deal and at most a 3yr deal.

He'll be back I doubt he want to leave this state this is a dream come true for him to be in the NFL and not leave his state... By the way Bernard Berrian is not better than Devery he's a duplicate. He had one good game against Fred Thomas and people seem to think he's an outstanding WR.

Let's just look at the last two years...

http://www.nfl.com/players/bernardberrian/profile?id=BER454540

Berrian, as a starter w/ no consistently good QB play has
2007: 71 catches, 951 yards, 5 TDs.
2006: 51, 775, 6 TDs

Henderson: http://www.nfl.com/players/deveryhenderson/profile?id=HEN056415
2007: 20 Rec 449 yards, 3 TDs
2006: 32, 745, 5 TDs

Henderson has Drew freaking 4400 yard Brees throwing to him. He can't break into the starting line up...and drops 20+ passes a season.

Kyle Orton + Brian Griese + Rex Grossma = 1/2 Drew Brees.

Berrian is better, with less help.

Let's just look at the last two years...

http://www.nfl.com/players/bernardberrian/profile?id=BER454540

Berrian, as a starter w/ no consistently good QB play has
2007: 71 catches, 951 yards, 5 TDs.
2006: 51, 775, 6 TDs

Henderson: http://www.nfl.com/players/deveryhenderson/profile?id=HEN056415
2007: 20 Rec 449 yards, 3 TDs
2006: 32, 745, 5 TDs

Henderson has Drew freaking 4400 yard Brees throwing to him. He can't break into the starting line up...and drops 20+ passes a season.

Kyle Orton + Brian Griese + Rex Grossma = 1/2 Drew Brees.

Berrian is better, with less help.

It is absolutely not that simple. Berrian is the #1 WR on an offense that relies on him and the tight end. Henderson was the #3/#4 receiver on a team that spreads it out so that no one (other than Colston) sees the ball a ton.

That being said, I do think Berrian is better, but not based on what their pay could be. I'd say Berrian could contribute double what Henderson has here, but he's going to require 5x the salary. Not worth it.

Devery will be back for very cheap, because we have no depth at receiver AS OF NOW. If that changes, and I think it will, he's going to struggle to keep that roster spot in camp competition. Remember, he won't be making enough to guarantee him a spot on the team this year.

It is absolutely not that simple. Berrian is the #1 WR on an offense that relies on him and the tight end. Henderson was the #3/#4 receiver on a team that spreads it out so that no one (other than Colston) sees the ball a ton.

That being said, I do think Berrian is better, but not based on what their pay could be. I'd say Berrian could contribute double what Henderson has here, but he's going to require 5x the salary. Not worth it.

Devery will be back for very cheap, because we have no depth at receiver AS OF NOW. If that changes, and I think it will, he's going to struggle to keep that roster spot in camp competition. Remember, he won't be making enough to guarantee him a spot on the team this year.

My argument had nothing to do with Berrian being "worth" the same...just better.

I agree with you you, Devery is a decent 4th option...he's just not dependable. He dropped too many drive killing passes.

My argument lied strictly with: Bernard Berrian is in no way a Devery clone, and is statistically, and realistically a better WR.

Devery had to have set a record for most drops per thrown to. The occasional great play isn't enough to make up for that. With Meacham a question mark, I'd hope we get a least one top wide receiver in FA. Devery could get a lowball offer, but I don't think he'll be on the final roster.

If we pay anything more then the vet minimum, maybe slightly more, we are getting had.

I am sick of all yall haters. Yall stay on him, i dont hear much on terrance copper who was just resigned which is in my eyes HORRIBLE, by the way copper never lost a game for us right ? reggie bush my eyes horrible but yet still so talked about and prasied and so on and so on. All i have to say is i hope devery goes somewhere esle and tears the league up and jams all yall haters feet in yall mouth.

I am sick of all yall haters. Yall stay on him, i dont hear much on terrance copper who was just resigned which is in my eyes HORRIBLE, by the way copper never lost a game for us right ? reggie bush my eyes horrible but yet still so talked about and prasied and so on and so on. All i have to say is i hope devery goes somewhere esle and tears the league up and jams all yall haters feet in yall mouth.

so u agree wit the rest of us..... you want devery somewhere else!!!!!! hehehe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom