Has anybody took the time to look at 4 out of the 5 games lost (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I live in Las Vegas but was born and raised in Bos
4 of the 5 games we've lost has been under a touchdown and have all had a questionable call in the last 2:00 min of the game. Hell even the game that pushed my observation to a touchdown we were driving to close out the game when Ingram fumbled. 4 questionable calls away from being 8-1. That is why this season is so frustrating.
In recent years past, this team felt like they were going thru the motions. This year, this team is hungry but has constantly been on the receiving end of questionable calls. Sorry just a late afternoon work thought. Has anybody else noticed this? this year seems like we are a good team that just has been on the short end of the stick.

Sometimes you get the bounces like in 2009. A more disciplined team would get them, and that comes with experience. Outside of Drew, we're a pretty young, undisciplined, inexperienced team.

But this year looks different from the last 2 seasons, in that you can see the talent, and the hunger, and the passion.

I have extremely high hopes for 2017.

Heck, I havent even given up on 2016 yet. If a few breaks start to go our way we could make noise in the playoffs. I just feel like 2017 will be a more dominant 2009-like team.

Falcons game felt like we had no chance.

The rest were easily winnable.

Raiders 4th down highly questionable "judgment" call from winning.
Broncos a simple PAT from winning.

I'd say we would have needed some extra fortunes to have won KC/NYG.

But certainly 6-3 would EASILY be possible.

What you do is:

1) you don't miss the 52 yard fg against Oakland midway through the 3rd quarter, giving them excellent field position and the genesis of their comeback

2) cadet doesn't drop a perfectly thrown ball in the flat with less than 3 minutes to go that would have given the saints a first down just inside the 20 and a chance to run the clock down on a potential game winning touchdown drive

3) you don't fumble the ball senselessly with 11 minutes to go on a drive seemingly putting the Broncos away by two scores midway through the 4th quarter

There are your 3 plays that probably have the saints at 7-2 right now.

Throw in nick fairly for good measure.

It ain't over yet. This team has talent and heart.

All we need is a defense.

I too wish we had more talent on defense, but this defense plays all out, every play of every game. Some of the defenses in past years I found embarrassing in their effort and professionalism. I am very proud of this defense and really impressed with DA.

I agree that we look hungrier this year than others but this goes both ways. SD win was a gift. Panthers and Seattle fans are probably doing the same thing and saying they should have had those games because of refs or whatever.

Saints still control their own destiny but like Parcells said... You are what your record says you are.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It ain't over yet. This team has talent and heart.

That first part is why my catchphrase for this season is "Our train is on schedule."

This season may not amount to much in the end from a utilitarian perspective. But our long term outlook is brilliance. There is some serious young talent we've accrued these last two years.

This feels like 2008 more than 2007 IMO. 2007 we were lost it seemed. 2008 we hovered around .500 but lost 6 of the 8 by one possession. Seems like we're close but missing a couple of pieces. Then insert 2009.

Yeah sure, but one has to think about what it was that kept these games so close by the other team- New Orleans Saints Turnovers. Spot on everything else, but no turnovers and we are handily winning those games.

That first part is why my catchphrase for this season is "Our train is on schedule."

This season may not amount to much in the end from a utilitarian perspective. But our long term outlook is brilliance. There is some serious young talent we've accrued these last two years.
I agree. I think we are set to be really good next year. Like....really good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Like I said in another post this game tommorow could make or break the rest of the season

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom