Has anybody took the time to look at 4 out of the 5 games lost (1 Viewer)

Oh yeah take away the most ridiculous muffed point in nfl history against the falcons and maybe it's the falcons trying to keep up with the saints instead and Ryan throws the pick 6.

There is a turning point in almost every game, and we have had some doozies this season.

I'll admit I put a s***ton of weight on the Denver game, given the symbol of the 4-4 problem we've had for a long time. But I can't convince myself this team isn't different.

I'm willing to maintain hope, but this all makes the CAR game even bigger than the Denver game. Potential or not, we simply cannot come back from 4-6 to make something happen this season.

We seem have something good for the future, but Thursday night we find out what we have for 2016.

4 of the 5 games we've lost has been under a touchdown and have all had a questionable call in the last 2:00 min of the game. Hell even the game that pushed my observation to a touchdown we were driving to close out the game when Ingram fumbled. 4 questionable calls away from being 8-1. That is why this season is so frustrating.
In recent years past, this team felt like they were going thru the motions. This year, this team is hungry but has constantly been on the receiving end of questionable calls. Sorry just a late afternoon work thought. Has anybody else noticed this? this year seems like we are a good team that just has been on the short end of the stick.

Welcome to the joys of being a Saints fan, besides 09, we usually find a way to lose instead of the opposite.

Special teams has cost the Saints two games, both the result of blocked kicks returned for points.

It ain't over yet. This team has talent and heart.

Absolutely!

Even if we get knocked out of any playoff contention, this team will not quit. Anyone who stops watching or going to games are missing out.

I agree. I think we are set to be really good next year. Like....really good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

This is my thoughts as well. Even before the season started I felt like this wasn't the year but 2017 was when this team WILL make noise.

This feels like 2008 more than 2007 IMO. 2007 we were lost it seemed. 2008 we hovered around .500 but lost 6 of the 8 by one possession. Seems like we're close but missing a couple of pieces. Then insert 2009.

Good observation. We also didn't really kick it into gear that year until after the TB loss, when Payton kept trying to throw in the rain, and he had his Saul of Tarsus-level epiphany and spent the next six weeks trying to run the ball a lot more. But it's a good point nonetheless.

The team is very young, I think we will be a real contender next year, if healthy and make no mistakes, we already are.

4 of the 5 games we've lost has been under a touchdown and have all had a questionable call in the last 2:00 min of the game. Hell even the game that pushed my observation to a touchdown we were driving to close out the game when Ingram fumbled. 4 questionable calls away from being 8-1. That is why this season is so frustrating.
In recent years past, this team felt like they were going thru the motions. This year, this team is hungry but has constantly been on the receiving end of questionable calls. Sorry just a late afternoon work thought. Has anybody else noticed this? this year seems like we are a good team that just has been on the short end of the stick.

Your thoughts are my thoughts as they say, and yes we are that close. I can see us next year getting 2 or 3 of those wins back if we stay with what we have and then add some better pieces.

We need a GOOD middle linebacker to lead our defense. We need at least 1 more good Oline pick.

We are that close, and possibly a free agent CB that wont be bust but a boom.

We are sooooooo close to a boom!

Its an Average team with Above average coaching but not dominant enough to put teams away so they don't come down to 3 or 7 points and a questionable call to win the game.

Just a few pieces and another year of growth/maturity

Special teams has cost the Saints two games, both the result of blocked kicks returned for points.

And potentially The Atlanta game.

We drove down the field easily on our first possession for 7, make a great stop on 3rd down on atlanta's first possession and have an excellent shot to put them behind 14-0 and the special teams blew it.

This feels like 2008 more than 2007 IMO. 2007 we were lost it seemed. 2008 we hovered around .500 but lost 6 of the 8 by one possession. Seems like we're close but missing a couple of pieces. Then insert 2009.

I love the historical comparisons and use them all the time; I hope that in this case they hold weight. It's helpful to remember that these are completely different teams.

But I agree. Last year we looked lost, getting blown out by the likes of Philly and Washington on the road. We had quite a few games where we were just never in it and the defense was a turnstile. Our offensive efficiency was on and off and although the raw stats were good, I would bet we were closer to middle of the pack in efficiency. Similar to 2007, when we were getting blown out by the Titans at home and such.

This year, we haven't had even one game like that. Even in the Falcons loss, our offense was moving the ball well and scoring. Great offensive efficiency like in 2008, when Drew won OPOY. Quite a few tough close losses that kept us closer to .500 than we wanted. But clear improvement from the year before with young talent showing up to play.

I'd feel a lot better about this team if we blew a couple of teams out. Then I'd say we just had a few bad breaks... so to speak. But as it stands right now, may as well flip a coin and call it a game... oh wait, we lost all the coin flips too.

I'd feel a lot better about this team if we blew a couple of teams out. Then I'd say we just had a few bad breaks... so to speak. But as it stands right now, may as well flip a coin and call it a game... oh wait, we lost all the coin flips too.

Actually, we win some coin tosses but it doesn't do any good. I don't understand why we don't defer when we win the toss. By deferring you have a chance at stealing an extra possession by having the ball last at the end of the 1st half and 1st at the start of the 2nd. By not deferring you give the other team the chance at the extra possession. How important would an extra possession have been in some of these close games?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom