Has anyone bought a Blaux portable air conditioner? (1 Viewer)

It's not this brand but I bought a portable AC for our bedroom about 10 years ago and all I can say is WE forkING LOVE IT. Got it from Home Depot (I think) for around 300.00

It's not this brand but I bought a portable AC for our bedroom about 10 years ago and all I can say is WE forkING LOVE IT. Got it from Home Depot (I think) for around 300.00
what is the brand?

I appreciate this thread. Just decided not to rent a boom for the upstairs and just get one of those portable a.c. units with the hose. Was thinking, if any maintenance on the upstairs a.c. needed to be done, would have to rent a boom lift, not so with the portable. So, thread helped me hash this out.

Home Depot will love me, when I return another unit. haha. Already returned 2, this will be number 3. It's not like I'm a pro anything.
Is it a big unit or something? We have a smaller one we run in our bedroom at night. I throw it in from inside the bedroom.

Is it a big unit or something? We have a smaller one we run in our bedroom at night. I throw it in from inside the bedroom.

I was gonna rip out the window up stairs and install a 6000BTU unit in there, but like I said, if any problems would be a challenge to fix it. Returned the unit yesterday. Will buy a portable a.c. unit soon to replace the one I returned. This will actually cut down on work, on installing, and cost for not renting a boom lift.

What brand did you end up buying? How often do you drain the water?

Keeping the massive 25,000 BTU window unit for down stairs, and will rip out the window in the living room to install it. That thing is heavy. Will be glad once it's installed.

Last edited:
I was gonna rip out the window up stairs and install a 6000BTU unit in there, but like I said, if any problems would be a challenge to fix it. Returned the unit yesterday. Will buy a portable a.c. unit soon to replace the one I returned. This will actually cut down on work, on installing, and cost for not renting a boom lift.

What brand did you end up buying? How often do you drain the water?

Keeping the massive 25,000 BTU window unit for down stairs, and will rip out the window in the living room to install it. That thing is heavy. Will be glad once it's installed.

Hey just an idea. I had one of those portable AC units you plumb outside with a hose one time.

What I did was just plumb it outside thru the dryer vent. Worked perfectly just had to get a pipe that cut the size down. Those panels that go to the window let all know kinds of heat in older wooden windows.

Don't know if it will work for you just an idea.

Hey just an idea. I had one of those portable AC units you plumb outside with a hose one time.

What I did was just plumb it outside thru the dryer vent. Worked perfectly just had to get a pipe that cut the size down. Those panels that go to the window let all know kinds of heat in older wooden windows.

Don't know if it will work for you just an idea.

I was thinking about your idea, and what pipe did you use to adapt to the dryer vent?

I was thinking of just cutting the window mount and gluing it on wood.

I was thinking about your idea, and what pipe did you use to adapt to the dryer vent?

I was thinking of just cutting the window mount and gluing it on wood.
Was ages ago.

Can't remember the size the AC exhaust size was but it was bigger.

Just got a pvc t that was the right size dryer is 4 inch and attached it to the vent on the wall and hooked everything up.

I would also like to know the answer to this, as it would be a good addition to the closet where all my tech demarcs.

Video shows that you add water and ice cubes... I doubt it has an evaporator.

Was ages ago.

Can't remember the size the AC exhaust size was but it was bigger.

Just got a pvc t that was the right size dryer is 4 inch and attached it to the vent on the wall and hooked everything up.

Just picked up a Toshiba portable a.c. unit with 8000 BTU's, should be plenty for my bedroom.

Thanks for the great idea on exhaust system.

Just picked up a Toshiba portable a.c. unit with 8000 BTU's, should be plenty for my bedroom.

Thanks for the great idea on exhaust system.

No problem worked for me just because of the layout and what I was trying to cool.

I actually stored it in the laundry room when not in use.

lol. received mine.

do. not. buy.

totally unlike the description. it is a piece of sheet that requires ice cubes, and even then, it does not work as intended (basically a swamp cooler that does not cool).

anyone want to buy a piece of work for nothing?

lol. received mine.

do. not. buy.

totally unlike the description. it is a piece of sheet that requires ice cubes, and even then, it does not work as intended (basically a swamp cooler that does not cool).

anyone want to buy a piece of work for nothing?

I asked you nicely not to buy it......

1598936928025.png

My air conditioners are working good. We have so much to be thankful for!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom