Has anyone bought off of ebay? (1 Viewer)

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm probably 20 years behind, but I have started looking for things on EBay. I collect college shot glasses as well as super hero/villain shot glasses. I"m still not comfortable with puting my credit card online, I still use cash and shop at local stores.

E-bay always feels a little sketchy, but haven't been burned yet. Although, I know people who have. Sometimes the only place you find things though or sell things. Don't like the commission eBay charges, same goes with Amazon. What saint fan-n-alex said, PayPal is the way to eBay.

Last edited:
I'm probably 20 years behind, but I have started looking for things on EBay. I collect college shot glasses as well as super hero/villain shot glasses. I"m still not comfortable with puting my credit card online, I still use cash and shop at local stores.

Are you my father? ?

Are you my father? ?

Humperdoodle, I am you father

Tommy Boy Luke I Am Your Father GIFs | Tenor

I buy off ebay all the time.. No problems...

• 1Like
Reactions: dtc
I have never had a problem with eBay either. I do tend to stick with in-country sellers and I usually buy from people with very high ratings. There are a ton of sellers with 98%+ ratings with over 10k reviews.

Also, be sure to thoroughly read the descriptions of what you are buying. When I look at some of the negative reviews, I would see people complain about items being broken and the sellers response was that it was being sold and described as a broken item where the buyer did not read the description.

I buy off ebay regularly and have had issues before, but if you use paypal ebay will get your money back. they virtually always side with the customer

I have never had a problem with eBay either. I do tend to stick with in-country sellers and I usually buy from people with very high ratings. There are a ton of sellers with 98%+ ratings with over 10k reviews.

this is the key for me as well. Not only that they have high ratings but preferably with a lot of ratings. If it is 1000 or more you know that it isn't just them or friends rating them. And those people with high rating care about those high ratings and do what they can not to mess them up. Same applies to Amazon. The customer ratings is, IMO, the greatest advantage to online shopping.

Read the seller ratings before buying. That can give you a decent idea if you're dealing with someone that is legit. Always use PayPal for payment, you get more protection options if you do get scammed.

I don't use it a lot but I've also never had a problem with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom