Question has anyone completed the cissp certification? (1 Viewer)

zeetes

carouser
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
i have 45 days to pass the test after the first friday in march.

just received the course material for the class next early next month. the book is the size of an old school phone book.

i've gone through a few random chapter questions, and it they didn't seem that bad.

question is, is the exam hard? i don't care about taking it, but in my position, i am required to have it within two years of being with the company. unfortunately i just hit that mark.

I’ve heard it’s relatively easy. Considered getting it a few years ago, started looking into it but had other things to chase.

How’s it going so far?

I’ve heard it’s relatively easy. Considered getting it a few years ago, started looking into it but had other things to chase.

How’s it going so far?
i'm on day 2 of a mandatory class for it (5 days), and so far i've hit at least 80% on practice tests. if you are technical (and at least network aware of layers etc, hal on os blah), you have a huge advantage over just about everyone.

not that difficult, but only on domain #3.5. don't ask.

some of the questions from my peers, for forks sake (some are my equals, org-wise), is cringe worthy.

oh and apparently the pass is only 70%.

i had the test booked for a few weeks back, but obviously canceled, and i was definitely prepped before.

did a few practice tests to keep up and i have already forgotten almost everything about ethics, especially.

I had Security + for years because my job required it. A friend in training dept scheduled a CISSP workshop for those that required it and had an empty seat. I took it and got the latest 5th ed Shon Harris guide out of it. If I had more time in the workplace I'd prolly take the test, but retired a couple years later. I don't mind supervising a room full of techies, but don't want to be one...good luck!

I had Security + for years because my job required it. A friend in training dept scheduled a CISSP workshop for those that required it and had an empty seat. I took it and got the latest 5th ed Shon Harris guide out of it. If I had more time in the workplace I'd prolly take the test, but retired a couple years later. I don't mind supervising a room full of techies, but don't want to be one...good luck!
thank you! great insight.

if anyone is interested in learning about the domains, pm me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom