Has anyone ever been to the draft? (1 Viewer)

firecouch

All-Pro
Reaction score
I live in NYC and I've always wanted to go to the draft, just haven't yet. I am considering going this year, (being we have pick 10).

Has anyone ever been? Was it worth the wait? Can you drink? Was it an overall good experience?

thanks

even though i have never been to the draft live, i have asked myself would i go if i had the opportunity. i think the answer for me would be no. there is something about relaxing on your sofa watching the draft and following all the draft coverage provided on espn and nfl network. that and watching it with your buddies and having a good spread of food makes the experience all the better. just my 2 cents

planning to go with a couple of friends next year, been wanting to go to NYC for quite some time, I was actually born in jamaica queens so it'll be sort of a homecoming...from what I hear, you have to arrive at Radio City Music Hall bright and early (somewhere around 6:00 am, I think tickets are given out on a first-come first-serve basis...not 100% sure though) also I believe NO ALCOHOL is served on the premises -- so you might wanna sneak in a flask...

It would be fun, just to watch the Jets fans erupt when they draft Brandon Coutou (Kicker from U.Georgia) in the first round.

Wasn't there talk about moving the draft around and possibly having it here?

There was like 1 article that mentioned moving the draft, and it was talking about moving the draft each year to different venues.

i think they should do this, it would get fans other than just the jets and giants to participate

I live in NYC and I've always wanted to go to the draft, just haven't yet. I am considering going this year, (being we have pick 10).

Has anyone ever been? Was it worth the wait? Can you drink? Was it an overall good experience?

thanks

I'm thinking of going. My bro and I went for the Stallworth draft and had a good time. It can get a bit boring between picks, but it's a hoot when a team drafts someone the fans don't want. Lots of good heckling and laughing goin on. No alcohol served, but we snuck in a little something something.

It's at Radio City again. You HAVE to get a wristband Friday night AND you have to get a ticket Saturday morning. Having one of the two WILL NOT get you in. I have to ask the tix guy again when it gets closer to find the exact times though.

i think they should do this, it would get fans other than just the jets and giants to participate

You'd be amazed at the amount of fans for all the teams that are there. I think my brother and I were the only Saints reps that year though.:covri:

Went last year. Great once you get inside. We arrived at 3AM. By 5AM line was around the block.

wow. i thought 6am would give us enought time. that's pretty hardcore.

I don't know if there will be much of a difference, but the draft itself has been moved back to 3:00 PM Saturday. So, hopefully, we won't have to be there at such a ridiculous hour.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom