Has Anyone Ever Eaten Popeye's Outside of the U.S.? (1 Viewer)

Ate at Popeye's on Camp Red Cloud, South Korea. Decent enough, but too much rice in the red beans and rice.

No pun intended.

A buddy of mine was recently in vietnam for a few weeks. He was staying in an air b&b there, and down the street there was a popeyes. i asked him if he ate there, he said yes and it was for the most part the same except they use some spices that are more traditional to the area. Nothing that really blew him away though. Believe it was a neighborhood in saigon

Ate at Popeye's on Camp Red Cloud, South Korea. Decent enough, but too much rice in the red beans and rice.

No pun intended.

maybe I am slow bc it is saturday morning, but I am not even seeing the pun; and it is driving me crazy.

maybe I am slow bc it is saturday morning, but I am not even seeing the pun; and it is driving me crazy.
I don't see a pun either. I assume he's trying to be funny because of Asians and rice but just doesn't know what a pun is. That's all I can gather.

It seems like the "spicy" served in Louisiana/Gulf South is different than the "spicy" available anywhere else... like they just expect it to be too much for locals elsewhere.

Have a friend who said they serve cajun poutine at Popeyes Canada.... said it was pretty good.

Not popeye's but I always liked this pic...

edit - wow....that's tiny (that's what she said)..
It's a picture I took from inside a pizza hut in Cairo.

Attachments

• Pizza Hut Pyramid.jpg
    Pizza Hut Pyramid.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 35
Have a friend who said they serve cajun poutine at Popeyes Canada.... said it was pretty good.

I would vehemently disagree. It's a disgrace to the Popeye's name, imo. Love Popeye's and love poutine. Should be a match made in heaven. Execution was blech.

Mexico City got Popeye's again a few months ago (gone since 2009). Only been once so far. I got the spicy chicken sandwich and the wife spicy tenders. The chicken was spot-on, with only tiny differences- the oil must've been a little different because it wasn't quite as greasy (not a good thing, though perhaps a little healthier), and my wife insists with her tenders the spice was a tiny bit different. We both agreed though it was 95% the same. Fries basically the same. The biscuits were not up to snuff however. We'll be going back soon.

Attachments

• 26d82b79-d865-4583-8ba0-503bdcd158f9.jpg
    26d82b79-d865-4583-8ba0-503bdcd158f9.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 2
  • b2de29d9-9917-41d7-9d45-d880830f0457.jpg
    b2de29d9-9917-41d7-9d45-d880830f0457.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom