Has Anyone Ever Eaten Popeye's Outside of the U.S.? (1 Viewer)

I ate at one in Kuwait City. It was not bad. Tasted slightly different, but not too bad.

i have to say- when starting this thread, i had no idea that the reach of Popeye's was this far and wide... i thought there might be a some in Mexico, Canada and a few in Europe-- but if i were in freaking Bahrain and came across a Popeye's, i think i'd be pretty tickled.

I ate at a KFC in Rio de Janeiro a couple of weeks ago, and it was a bit different from back home. After a faield KFC experiment in Brazil a few years ago, they tried to make this version more Brazilian, so most of the meals are various version of fried chicken with beans and rice.

i have to say- when starting this thread, i had no idea that the reach of Popeye's was this far and wide... i thought there might be a some in Mexico, Canada and a few in Europe-- but if i were in freaking Bahrain and came across a Popeye's, i think i'd be pretty tickled.

Believe it or not, there's quite a few American chain restaurants there. On the road right outside of the Navy base I was station at there was a Chili's, a Burger King, a Dairy Queen, a Hardee's, a Quiznos, a McDonald's, a Subway, Popeyes, a Harley Davidson store, and a Bennigan's about a mile away from there. I'm sure there's more that I left out but those are the ones that I thought of off the top of my head.

Popeyes in Trinidad. It was DISGUSTING. Utterly unrecognizable. Seriously...puke. I'm not just being picky because it wasn't the normal tasting stuff--it was genuinely nasty tasting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom