Has anyone heard of the status of Rankins & Marcus Willimas? (1 Viewer)

Marcus Williams is fine. He was playing at the end there. Rankins I'm guessing is still 2 or 3 weeks away.

Cowboys game would be the absolute earliest I would expect to see Rankins. Even then we should only bring him back if he's 1000% healthy. It is not worth the risk in re-injury to rush him back as soon as possible. We need him though. Getting gashed up the middle.

Cowboys game would be the absolute earliest I would expect to see Rankins. Even then we should only bring him back if he's 1000% healthy. It is not worth the risk in re-injury to rush him back as soon as possible. We need him though. Getting gashed up the middle.

To be fair, we were also pretty well-gashed off-tackle.

To be fair, we were also pretty well-gashed off-tackle.
Not disagreeing, there were multiple plays by both Cam and Davenport where they lost containment and lead to big gains (Davenport was on the Watson TD run). But up the middle we were not successful in stopping them. Our LBs also didn't play well so that will get corrected.

No way I play Rankins until October at the earliest. It's one thing to be running around on the practice field. It's another to pushing these huge guys around at game speed. I was surprised he didn't end up on the PUP list for the first part of the season, but even so I hope they are cautious in working him back in. Achilles injuries are not to be messed with...

Not disagreeing, there were multiple plays by both Cam and Davenport where they lost containment and lead to big gains (Davenport was on the Watson TD run). But up the middle we were not successful in stopping them. Our LBs also didn't play well so that will get corrected.

On the Watson TD run, I was more irritated with the scheme. You have to assume some kind of read-option with Watson there, and even if Davenport had done a better job on contain, maybe that means we keep him out of the end zone on the play. We were just overwhelmed at that point of attack. You also have to give the Texans some credit for physicality and execution on the play. And maybe we approach it differently if the DTs are Onyamama and Rankins instead of Sullivan and Loewen.

We're on to Los Angeles.

Groin injuries can be nagging and problematic. Williams came back in the game, but he looked a few steps slow on helping out Latt on the deep ball to Hopkins that led to the late Stills TD.

I hope Williams is OK, but I also wouldn’t mind seeing a little Saquan Hampton in live game action... maybe he’s a gamer

Noway is Rankins in game shape this quickly.

With Onyemata back, the urgency isn't as much now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom