Has SR Member married a foreigner? (Like 90 Day Finance) (2 Viewers)

my wife is from Canada - I am from Louisiana

our names were matched in an international pen pal fair during the summer between 7th and 8th grade

we wrote for years, but didn't meet until after high school

while at LSU, I was selected for an all-paid foreign exchange program and ended up going to a university in Canada in her hometown. That was 1995-96.

We began dating then. Engaged in 1999. Married in 2001, after nearly a year and a half of immigration processes and paperwork

Married in Louisiana. Lived and worked in Houston until 2005.

Left Texas for Toronto the night Hurricane Katrina hit - we raced the storm to Memphis.

Started my PhD at University of Toronto and more immigration paperwork.

Then three kids and a mortgage.

Known each other for 30 years. Been together since 1995 and it's been awesome. So, together for 25 years, married for 19.

Happy today as I was then.

I would hope she'd say the same.

The real question is, how much alcohol was involved during the courtship? If they made couples be sober for 30 days before the wedding, pretty sure marriage would go extinct.

1586190718901.png

my wife is from Canada - I am from Louisiana

our names were matched in an international pen pal fair during the summer between 7th and 8th grade

we wrote for years, but didn't meet until after high school

while at LSU, I was selected for an all-paid foreign exchange program and ended up going to a university in Canada in her hometown. That was 1995-96.

We began dating then. Engaged in 1999. Married in 2001, after nearly a year and a half of immigration processes and paperwork

Married in Louisiana. Lived and worked in Houston until 2005.

Left Texas for Toronto the night Hurricane Katrina hit - we raced the storm to Memphis.

Started my PhD at University of Toronto and more immigration paperwork.

Then three kids and a mortgage.

Known each other for 30 years. Been together since 1995 and it's been awesome. So, together for 25 years, married for 19.

Happy today as I was then.

I would hope she'd say the same.

This has Hallmark Channel made-for-TV movie written all over it.

My wife, Miyako, was born and raised in Japan. She worked at the PX on the Army base I was stationed to. We've been married for almost 25years. The only horror story we have (beside her marrying a crazy coonass) is dealing with Immigration. We were fed some BS information by them originally. When she came though customs, she didn't have a fiance visa and told the immigration guy that she was here to get married. The promptly put her on a plane back to Japan. This was all the week before we were supposed to get married.

The INS told me it would take a year to get her back to the US. My Dad told me to call my congressman and see if he could help. Well I found out that my congressman not only went to First Baptist West Monroe, but my Grandpa had been his Sunday school teacher at one point. He knew exactly who I was.

Long story short, that congressman got my wife through the process in less than 90 days. This fiasco started the 2nd week of June, we were saying our marriage vows on Sept 2nd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom