Has anyone seen Control?? (1 Viewer)

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I am a big fan of the band Joy Division, and I want to see this movie, but I want to know what you other folk think about it.

Please don't move this to the seldom visited music board. This is art not music.

I love New Order, so-so on Joy Division. Does the film mostly revolve around Ian Curtis (I think that was his name) or do we see Bernard Sumner and Peter Hook as well? It only played on one screen at the worst theatre in Anchorage. I probably still would have seen it but it opened while I was up here at work so it was gone by the time I got home. Worth seeing for a huge New Order fan?

I am a big fan of the band Joy Division, and I want to see this movie, but I want to know what you other folk think about it.

Please don't move this to the seldom visited music board. This is art not music.

Did you see 24 Hour Party People?

http://www.24hourpartypeople-themovie.com/

Nice account of Factory records with some focus on Joy Division/New Order...

This comes out on DVD next week and my husband pre-ordered our copy, since we're monster Joy Order fans!

Our friends saw it in the theatre and said it was quite good, particularly the performance of Sam Riley (Ian Curtis).

I would also recommend the book "Control." Written by Debbie Curtis. Prolly my favorite music bio book ever!!

"Dance dance dance to the radio!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom