Has Anyone Signed up for an Account on This Parler App - The "Right Wing Version of Twitter." (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Apparently, it was created because Nazi sympathizers and alt right whack jobs felt like they were being censored on twitter. I just created an account to see what it is like. I'd encourage anyone who's interested in the desperate craziness of these people to check it out. Before I "followed" anyone or anything like that, I already got a full news feed of propaganda.

Anyone think this is actually a good idea? I do. The crazies can huddle together in their own pathetic little bubble, sharing breitbart and stormfront articles with each other and claiming victory over every single thing Trump does, probably even when he's indicted. If anyone signs up, let me know your handle and I'll follow you. I'd also like to hear your opinion of the site/app.

If this thread isn't actually political discussion, mods please move to the EE. I thought about just starting it there, but think it's too political in nature for that board.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if the Russians will quickly figure out it's pointless to infest the app with bots because they're already parroting the pravda they were going to promote?

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Team A: I can't believe Team B is duped by propaganda from Evil B.
Team B: I can't believe Team A is duped by propaganda from Evil A.

Evil: This is too easy

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
Team A: I can't believe Team B is duped by propaganda from Evil B.
Team B: I can't believe Team A is duped by propaganda from Evil A.

Evil: This is too easy
How do you suggest we approach it?

Do you think that Team A and Team B are equally influenced by Russian propaganda?

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if the Russians will quickly figure out it's pointless to infest the app with bots because they're already parroting the pravda they were going to promote?
Infest it...no. But going through the usual chain, it's going to be really easy to introduce something into the conspiracy cycle there that filters it's way up. First to 4chan, then reddit, then Twitter, then Tucker Carlson, then Fox and Friends, then the President of the United States.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
How do you suggest we approach it?

Do you think that Team A and Team B are equally influenced by Russian propaganda?
Why does propaganda have to be Russian? You know there are other groups pushing their propaganda right? And those groups don't care about you, just their own agendas.
Why buy in to any of it?

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why does propaganda have to be Russian? You know there are other groups pushing their propaganda right? And those groups don't care about you, just their own agendas.
Why buy in to any of it?
Why the need to try and both sides a problem that isn't really a both sides problem though? Not saying the left doesn't have it's own issues, but if you want to ask people to be honest, let's look at the problem more honestly:

OP
OP
insidejob

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Welp, I've been blocked by the app after making three (3) total comments on random posts. Also, when I was looking through the options for people to follow, and they have reserved spots for people like Trump, his kids, Tucker Carlson and Hannity with their handles identical to their twitter handles. What a pathetic attempt at creating competition for twitter. Most posts are old as shirt and no one even comments on them, but hey, it's their bubble, not mine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)