Has anyone worked in Spain? (1 Viewer)

i'm sure a lot has changed since i was in europe, but it was not uncommon to meet Aussies doing a 'walkabout' (essentially trying to visit/circle the globe and break even financially) they seemed to have a knack for living/travelling frugally without it looking like they were scraping by
ask an aussie
I actually know a couple of them from my Hawaiian vacation. I have noticed that central and south American countries attract them like magnets.

i'm sure a lot has changed since i was in europe, but it was not uncommon to meet Aussies doing a 'walkabout' (essentially trying to visit/circle the globe and break even financially) they seemed to have a knack for living/travelling frugally without it looking like they were scraping by
ask an aussie
My mate visit me from Oz many years ago while travelling through Europe and told me they get 6 months paid vacation. Not sure about the rules around it, whether they have to work so many years to get it but it sounds like a fine idea.

My wife's aunt and uncle have an apartment in Malaga and live there for half the year. The south of Spain is incredibly beautiful. Highly recommend Granada (if just to tour the Alhambra), Ronda (a gorgeous town built on a large hill) and Tarifa (the wind surfing capitol of the world and one of the coolest fish processing Roman ruins I've ever seen).....hope you get to those places and many more, it is a great country....
This may be in our semi-near future depending on whether our kids move there for sure. Do you have any other town suggestions to look at near Grenada?

I’d be happy to live there all year but the tax issues may limit us to 183 days. But, my second son has a Brazilian fiancé and is thinking about moving to Portugal — so, maybe half and half!!

ask an aussie
That was my experience beyond Europe as well. I met most of them at the bar where they were either drinking at it or working behind it in order to scrape up enough money to move on to the next place.

When I was younger, the whole walkabout thing fascinated me and seemed great. Then later as a parent, it scared the sheet out of me!

This may be in our semi-near future depending on whether our kids move there for sure. Do you have any other town suggestions to look at near Grenada?

I’d be happy to live there all year but the tax issues may limit us to 183 days. But, my second son has a Brazilian fiancé and is thinking about moving to Portugal — so, maybe half and half!!

Unfortunately I don't, that was the only town we went to that was to the northeast of Malaga. All the other places we visited were to the west and on or near the coast....I will ask my wife's uncle though, he has traveled pretty extensively through most of Spain....

Unfortunately I don't, that was the only town we went to that was to the northeast of Malaga. All the other places we visited were to the west and on or near the coast....I will ask my wife's uncle though, he has traveled pretty extensively through most of Spain....
Thanks. My son initially is looking in the Grenada area but if the uncle has any other suggestions I’d love to hear them. I like Andalusia but the tax issues may drive me elsewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom