Has Cam Jordan hit his ceiling as a Pass Rusher? (1 Viewer)

Football is 80% brain and 20% athleticism. I don't care how many athletic players or coaches you got, if there stupid, your going to lose..

If your logic is right, Laurinaitis should be All Pro this season. There is no active NFL linebacker more cerebral than him... not even Kuechly.

I wouldn't bet $2 that JL could beat Andrus Peat in a 40 yd. dash ...today. In years past, yes. But he's a shell of himself today. What happened? Is he LESS-smart? I don't think so.

:gosaints:

He's a one dimensional pass rusher, he was that in college and it translated to the NFL because our defensive coaches and coordinators cant coach, they do not have the ability to utilize there players to there strengths. As far as ceiling he never had a chance to leave the basement when he was drafted to this team.. It's not Jordan's fault that he only bull rush offensive lineman, he's not a speed rusher nor does he utilize a his swim move affectively. It's going to continue to be a sad terrible situation with this team when drafting any defensive player because of the staff's ability to prep, train, teach and coach. Football is 80% brain and 20% athleticism. I don't care how many athletic players or coaches you got, if there stupid, your going to lose..[/QUOTE]

Classic.
And no on the football analysis.

I rather have a team full of smart coaches than the ones the saints have. I'm sure u would too.

He's a one dimensional pass rusher, he was that in college and it translated to the NFL because our defensive coaches and coordinators cant coach, they do not have the ability to utilize there players to there strengths. As far as ceiling he never had a chance to leave the basement when he was drafted to this team.. It's not Jordan's fault that he only bull rush offensive lineman, he's not a speed rusher nor does he utilize a his swim move affectively. It's going to continue to be a sad terrible situation with this team when drafting any defensive player because of the staff's ability to prep, train, teach and coach. Football is 80% brain and 20% athleticism. I don't care how many athletic players or coaches you got, if there stupid, your going to lose..

The name fits you perfectly.........:angryrazz:

If your logic is right, Laurinaitis should be All Pro this season. There is no active NFL linebacker more cerebral than him... not even Kuechly.

I wouldn't bet $2 that JL could beat Andrus Peat in a 40 yd. dash ...today. In years past, yes. But he's a shell of himself today. What happened? Is he LESS-smart? I don't think so.

:gosaints:
In his prime of course but i would bet he's smart enough NOT to race a 20 year old kid where he's at in his career right now but Isn't Laurinaitis playing for the saints and Kuechly playing for the panthers? My point is look whose around them guys, a bunch of athletes, that's why both defenses stink. Just like the brains of Norman and Harper was a big part of that D the guys we lost was the same for us

Classic.
And no on the football analysis.[/QUOTE]
But to answer the question, Cam Jordan is a good player in a bad situation. He have to rely on what he knows not what he was taught by the saints staff.

Classic.
And no on the football analysis.
But to answer the question, Cam Jordan is a good player in a bad situation. He have to rely on what he knows not what he was taught by the saints staff.[/QUOTE]

So, by any chance, do you have an opinion on the coaching staff? It's not coming across very clearly...

Good football player. Adequate in assignment responsibility. He doesn't have good quickness but does get advantageous leverage/position on most snaps. Doesn't have good closing speed. Good functional football strenght: He would best be used a 3/4 3 tech. As he could contain gap control and give a pressure presence at that Postion: pair him with some outside talent and you have the making of a very strong front. But is adequate enough can line him up anywhere and get above average to good snaps. On today's market probably a 100 million dollar player on the open market

Cam is elite vs the run and is a good pass rusher and can play either de or dt and doesnt really have any holes and is an all around player.

Any team would love to have him.

He's 8.5 sacks away from 50 career. Pretty elite group, nevermind the 100-sack club he has a shot at joining. If we can add a true pass rusher at weak end in free agency next year, things should open up for him considerably.

Cam Jordan should be complimented by a stud pass rusher opposite him. He's an all around DE that a defense needs. Our problem has been adding someone opposite him. I think he has peaked as a pass rusher but I definitely don't think his #s have. If we can put a solid secondary behind him while continuing to improve our interior rush then his #s should take a nice jump. QBs rarely have to break the pocket against us which is somewhat changing this season but we can still get better. Also wouldn't hurt to have a stud coming off the other side. Teams have been able to concentrate on Cam and let the rest of the DLine beat them but not him. When you're the only DLineman for the pas few years with a terrible DBs and LBs your pass rush will suffer especially when it's just him. IMO he's a 10-15 sack guy a year but needs help in the right areas to put up the big #s. He's not the flashiest DE but he gets it done in all areas.

He would be best used in a 3/4 as a 3 tech: now he won't fill up a stat sheet with sacks and TFL. But a pass rush presence that can contain his gap there is the key to making the scheme work. More important then the outside guys who get the sacks in most cases. There's always exceptions. Now that is not necessary feasible with this roster but he could be the best 3 tech 3/4 end in the league outside of Watt

He's a one dimensional pass rusher, he was that in college and it translated to the NFL because our defensive coaches and coordinators cant coach, they do not have the ability to utilize there players to there strengths. As far as ceiling he never had a chance to leave the basement when he was drafted to this team.. It's not Jordan's fault that he only bull rush offensive lineman, he's not a speed rusher nor does he utilize a his swim move affectively. It's going to continue to be a sad terrible situation with this team when drafting any defensive player because of the staff's ability to prep, train, teach and coach. Football is 80% brain and 20% athleticism. I don't care how many athletic players or coaches you got, if there stupid, your going to lose..

It's hard to take you seriously when you post jibberish like this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom