Has Father Time Arrived?! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know I’m normally on Drew for screwing up mightily in crunch time games.. But I actually feel sorry for him at this point. Sean got him doing things he just simply can’t do anymore. Once we come to grips with that then we will see the full potential of this team. Now watch the doe head who are Brees fans instead of Saints fans. I’m a Saints fan not a player fan. Know the difference and pay attention to what’s going on!!

I know I’m normally on Drew for screwing up mightily in crunch time games.. But I actually feel sorry for him at this point. Sean got him doing things he just simply can’t do anymore. Once we come to grips with that then we will see the full potential of this team. Now watch the doe head who are Brees fans instead of Saints fans. I’m a Saints fan not a player fan. Know the difference and pay attention to what’s going on!!

As A SAINT fan, but also a DB fan, I agree.....
DB days are over. Even if he has better games, the scheme is so predictable....no coach is gonna play deep as there are gonna be NO throws over 25-30 yards...

It feels like years since he actually uncorked one and chucked it downfield.
It is so important in todays' game of football and would make our offense so much better!

That last drive was pathetic. Didn't take a chance past 10 yards? Was his arm tired? I am Drew's age and I couldnt do half the stuff he does but it may be the end for him. We didn't have a preseason(not that he plays it anyway) but I'll give him benefit of the doubt and believe this is an outlier. He would be behind only Jim Kelly for opportunity lost for only winning 1 Super Bowl. And yeah I guess the sky is falling.

Not a single deep shot tonight.

We play “small ball”. It’s a pain in the behind to stop. But it can be stopped when you run into a motivated team. Brees can dink a team to death when the environment and circumstances allow.

All I know is that we've had serious conversations about this for 3 seasons in a row now. I'm not even talking about arm strength. I think people have been waiting for an obvious Brett Favre final season type cliff, but it seems more sporadic with Brees.

I’ll wait for the all-22 review before I make any assumptions. It felt like Brees was taking what the defense gave him which was a lot of underneath stuff.

I get this, to a degree. But GOAT QBs take what they want, not what the defense gives them. The Drew of Old would throw it into double coverage, trusting his receivers to make a play. And most of the time, they would. This Drew Brees throws it behind the line of scrimmage on a 3rd and 12.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom