Has Father Time Arrived?! (3 Viewers)

Father time came around the 2017 season. But we had a new scheme with fresh talent that hid alot of Brees deficiencies. Defenses hadn't caught on.

2018 we all saw him hit a wall after week 10. Yet again we had amazing play by AK, MT and Latt that kept us rolling.

We all saw it front and center last year.

Thing is. It's truly been gone since 2017. Its just defenses hadnt caught on yet. They now have a solid 2 years of tape now. SP ain't fooling anyone. Brees went an entire 3 years of not competing a pass further than 35 yards down the field until he hit Cook last week.

Yeah Drew is fading. But the defense and our WRs aren't helping him either.

We're not the team we thought we were.

I think you guys need to really look at drews stats from last year and compare them to previous years. He's not as off as you think he is. Completion % was up there along with passed ratings. Don't let this 1 game shake you too much. Our defense could be pointed at also on this loss. Is drew a young man? No.....but I also think he gives us the best chance of winning it all. This was week 2 of a 16 week season.

It was a team loss. Drew looked tired. Defense can't tackle for sheet. Dennis Allen had no answer for their TE reminded me of when we got owned by the 49r's TE in the playoffs .Too many penalties. Pretty sloppy looking team. I guess they should've spent more time practicing than running their mouths ( Jenkins)

Drew can't throw deep anymore it's a reality. I've been saying this for some time now. It's his personal record's vs our season. He had a great career but unless he drinks from the fountain of youth we won't go far unless changes are made. This loss is not all on him though. We couldn't stop the Raiders passing attack.

This Team can win with Drew (obviously) but it will win despite his lack of arm strength and will make another early exit in the playoffs as soon as teams figure out he's not a threat to push the ball down the field. (I think they all see it now)

Father time came around the 2017 season. But we had a new scheme with fresh talent that hid alot of Brees deficiencies. Defenses hadn't caught on.

2018 we all saw him hit a wall after week 10. Yet again we had amazing play by AK, MT and Latt that kept us rolling.

We all saw it front and center last year.

Thing is. It's truly been gone since 2017. Its just defenses hadnt caught on yet. They now have a solid 2 years of tape now. SP ain't fooling anyone. Brees went an entire 3 years of not competing a pass further than 35 yards down the field until he hit Cook last week.
That's why Cook left the team after the 2016 season and the NO reporters have covered that up. Brees himself says he was ready to retire in 2017. Now he is faced with the prospect of playing out a season with a team that is average at best. I would release to the press that Drew has a pulled muscle in his throwing arm and let him sit the rest of the season.

I think you guys need to really look at drews stats from last year and compare them to previous years. He's not as off as you think he is. Completion % was up there along with passed ratings. Don't let this 1 game shake you too much. Our defense could be pointed at also on this loss. Is drew a young man? No.....but I also think he gives us the best chance of winning it all. This was week 2 of a 16 week season.

Completion percentage means absolutely nothing when half of your throws are behind the line of scrimmage.

The window has closed. The diminution of his arm strength has been clear for some time, and we now see a substantial decline in his overall skills and play. He can't run. He can't throw deep. And he can't throw shorter passes with the consistent accuracy that was once a strength. He will occasionally play a good game this year, but he no longer can play consistently at a level needed for the Saints to be a threat in the playoffs. Quarterback is now one of the weakest units on this team.

Be thankful we did not trade our second-round pick next year for Clowney.

As A SAINT fan, but also a DB fan, I agree.....
DB days are over. Even if he has better games, the scheme is so predictable....no coach is gonna play deep as there are gonna be NO throws over 25-30 yards...
Heck he won’t throw 10 yards up the field most plays.

Drew can't throw deep anymore it's a reality. I've been saying this for some time now. It's his personal record's vs our season. He had a great career but unless he drinks from the fountain of youth we won't go far unless changes are made. This loss is not all on him though. We couldn't stop the Raiders passing attack.
Drew said that he would be fine giving more snaps to Taysom. I don't see why we can't rotate 2 QBs. I know people say that if you have 2 QBs, you don't have one. Taysom is not one dimensional so they won't know what he is going to do by being back there. I don't want to phase Drew out, but we need a spark.

I’ll wait for the all-22 review before I make any assumptions. It felt like Brees was taking what the defense gave him which was a lot of underneath stuff.
Bingo...Raiders played 2 high safeties the entire game. The only time they didn’t was when Abrams was blitzing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom