Has it ever been done?? (1 Viewer)

uberyaz13

Reaction score
Has there ever been a team to have four, 800 yd receivers???

I know there have been teams with 3 1000 yd receivers, hell the Cardinals did it last year with Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston. P. Manning did it the 49 TD year with Harrison, Wayne, and Stokley (ULL BABY!!) But to have 4 receivers is QUITE the testament.

We have 6 candidates. There is Colston and Shockey with their targets. Meach and Devery with their YPC. Reggie with his YAC, and Lance as somewhat of a hybrid of all three.

So, can it be done and how would you classify the accomplishment?

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It'd be one of the Oiler teams i'm sure. Let me look

1990 Oilers
Jefferies 1048
Hill 1018
Givens 979
Duncan 785

close. Probably as close as you'll find any team. I can't think of any other possibility (not the 84 Dolphins, 04 Colts, or 99/00 Rams).

boo-boo

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
it is possible but not very like. 4x800 is only 32 hundred yards however on the current pass. We only have 2 player on pass to get over 800 yards recieving.
If you play the current stats out the whole season you get
Devery 1392
Colston 1024
reggie 776
Shockey 640
Meach 460

For the Season Brees would have to throw for 5350 yards. IT could happen but it is not very likely. Drop Devry's numbers to around 1000 and that gives enough yards for 2 more guys to get to 800. Possible but with our rushing game doing better i do not think Drew will throw for 5000 this year. Drew spreads the ball around to much for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom