Has SR Member married a foreigner? (Like 90 Day Finance) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If so how did you meet? through a dating app or agency?
Any horror stories?
Ive been watching 90 day finance and I some successful couples.

CapitalCitySaint

99% Practice; 1% Theory
Reaction score
You might want to re-word the thread title. It sounds like you're asking if we've married foreigners that we've met on this site.

My ex-husband was from South America. We met through my best friend from High School....not sure it's the same kind of thing you're thinking of though. There was no 90 day fiance type of things going on like not having ever met each other before - a.k.a. he was not a mail order husband. He was just from a different country. No real horror story. We just married far too young and grew up and grew apart.

Reaction score
I was engaged to a woman I met in New Orleans but she was here from school from Mexico. We dated for the 6 months she was here and continued when she went back.

The woman I am living with now is from Colombia. It has not worked out but she is a really good person. We are all flawed, its just a matter of whether you meet the person that your flaws can coexist.

No, I do not seek out Latina women, it just worked out that way. But they are two of the best women I have ever met. I would possibly be married to the one from Mexico but she could not leave her family in the end and at that time I was not ready to leave my own.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was engaged to a woman I met in New Orleans but she was here from school from Mexico. We dated for the 6 months she was here and continued when she went back.

The woman I am living with now is from Colombia. It has not worked out but she is a really good person. We are all flawed, its just a matter of whether you meet the person that your flaws can coexist.

No, I do not seek out Latina women, it just worked out that way. But they are two of the best women I have ever met. I would possibly be married to the one from Mexico but she could not leave her family in the end and at that time I was not ready to leave my own.

Let us know if you decide to marry one of them and we can have the wedding performed on EE. I'm sure most women would go for their wedding being performed on the non-football section of an internet football discussion board.

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know there's at least someone because he was talking about her process of becoming a citizen. I can't remember who it was.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You might want to re-word the thread title. It sounds like you're asking if we've married foreigners that we've met on this site.

My ex-husband was from South America. We met through my best friend from High School....not sure it's the same kind of thing you're thinking of though. There was no 90 day fiance type of things going on like not having ever met each other before - a.k.a. he was not a mail order husband. He was just from a different country. No real horror story. We just married far too young and grew up and grew apart.

I suspect the mail-order spouse industry has taken a hit during Covid. If you order one, you have to have a place in your house where they can do the 14-day quarantine.

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
my wife is from Canada - I am from Louisiana

our names were matched in an international pen pal fair during the summer between 7th and 8th grade

we wrote for years, but didn't meet until after high school

while at LSU, I was selected for an all-paid foreign exchange program and ended up going to a university in Canada in her hometown. That was 1995-96.

We began dating then. Engaged in 1999. Married in 2001, after nearly a year and a half of immigration processes and paperwork

Married in Louisiana. Lived and worked in Houston until 2005.

Left Texas for Toronto the night Hurricane Katrina hit - we raced the storm to Memphis.

Started my PhD at University of Toronto and more immigration paperwork.

Then three kids and a mortgage.

Known each other for 30 years. Been together since 1995 and it's been awesome. So, together for 25 years, married for 19.

Happy today as I was then.

I would hope she'd say the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom