Has Steve Spagnuolo been hired yet? (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Just curious, but has Spag found a job yet? Usually, coaches get hired pretty quickly, but I have not heard or been able to find anything out there. Do you think his one year in NO soured others for his needs?

Just curious.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Who cares .... This was a bad marriage that ended in a divorce ..... But I hope he finds work somewhere ......

I would assume being the defensive coach of THE worst defense in NFL history would damage your reputation a little.

Who cares .... This was a bad marriage that ended in a divorce ..... But I hope he finds work somewhere ......

Then why click on the the thread??

I googled it and nothing came back. Likely he is still getting paid by the Saints and enjoying some time off.

I wish him the best. He got a bad deal like Coach Payton said.

wouldnt be shocked to see him go down to the college ranks

After a disaster in his stint as head coach, and a disaster as defensive coordinator, I think he needs to head back to the east coast and spend some time determining the color of his parachute.

After a disaster in his stint as head coach, and a disaster as defensive coordinator, I think he needs to head back to the east coast and spend some time determining the color of his parachute.

ha ha..likely it is golden. Would think he is still on the Saints payroll.

Which as a sidenote is pretty important fact that if true shows how dedicated to winning the Saints are. I know of a local NFL organization (Panthers) who want fire coaches even if it means losing until their contracts are up. Lame duck coaches can't recruite other top talented coaches or players.

Just curious, but has Spag found a job yet? Usually, coaches get hired pretty quickly, but I have not heard or been able to find anything out there. Do you think his one year in NO soured others for his needs?

Just curious.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

He was fired after the typical NFL "hiring season" was over, due to Sean Payton's delayed reinstatement. There weren't many positions for him to be hired to. If you're that curious about the state of his professional reputation I imagine you can't really draw a lot of conclusions until next year.

He got fired at a terrible time, when just about all the coaching vacancies had been filled. I'd blame Goodell. If SP would have been reinstated after the final game (when he should have) he would have had a chance.

I know he sucked for us, but you got to admit he got a raw deal just overall. Wish him the best, seemed like a classy guy. Just wasnt a good fit here.

He got fired at a terrible time, when just about all the coaching vacancies had been filled. I'd blame Goodell. If SP would have been reinstated after the final game (when he should have) he would have had a chance.

I know he sucked for us, but you got to admit he got a raw deal just overall. Wish him the best, seemed like a classy guy. Just wasnt a good fit here.

Yeah it's kind of the untold story. Whatever you think of his competency, obviously he would have had a better chance if Sean Payton had been here and even more pertinent to this thread, Sean Payton's delayed reinstatement meant he had no chance to find employment for 2013. Which can be brutal for a coach's career (out of sight, out of mind).

He had nothing to do with bountygate, and arguably his career took more of a beating than anyone else's outside of Greg Williams because of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom