Has the recent politicization of the Saints decreased your enthusiasm for or interest in the Saints? (2 Viewers)

Has the recent politicization of the Saints decreased your enthusiasm for or interest in the Saints?

• Yes

Votes: 90 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 93 50.8%

• Total voters
Not the Saints as a whole but definitely certain players. The way Drew was treated leaves a very bad taste. Just my honest feelings.
I agree. I was amazed at how much it angered me. The way his teammates, media, and “fans” turned and attacked him was more than a disappointment.
A good and decent man was ran through the mud. That isn’t right.
It has made me care less for some players and the NFL in general.
Everyone has the right to their opinion.

Not the Saints as a whole but definitely certain players. The way Drew was treated leaves a very bad taste. Just my honest feelings.
I agree. Malcolm Jenkins would rather throw Brees under the bus for his own publicity benefit rather than hash it out in private.

When the so-called veteran leader safety backstabs the proven veteran leader quarterback, it is bad news for the season to come.

Last edited:
I don't think the Saints have been politicized instead were in a unique environment where two major issues have polarized the whole country: a global pandemic and protest movement revitalized by recent acts of police brutality. The Saints are merely actors in this environment, and two players choose to express their views based on this unique political context.

I like them even better.

Gayle has backed DeMario Davis. Payton continues to be politely but properly outspoken on matters of social importance.

Guys we like, such as Davis, AK, CMG, Cam, Morstead continue to speak out for justice and fairness.

I am still baffled about how Brees, who is in regular contact with so many successful African-American teammates and is so civic-minded, could have been so tone-deaf on this issue. As Ernie Johnson said, it is important to honor the flag but you can't use it as a blindfold.

His teammates were frustrated at first but it all seems to be coming around. Drew seems the better for it.

Never been prouder to be a Saints fan.

I've never been more excited for a saints season to start considering there hasn't been any major team sports in 3 and half months. im looking forward to seeing what this stacked team can do. They might not be the best at any one phase of the game but outside of Baltimore I cant think of one team that fields a team that is really good offensively, defensively and on special teams

I like them even better.

Gayle has backed DeMario Davis. Payton continues to be politely but properly outspoken on matters of social importance.

Guys we like, such as Davis, AK, CMG, Cam, Morstead continue to speak out for justice and fairness.

I am still baffled about how Brees, who is in regular contact with so many successful African-American teammates and is so civic-minded, could have been so tone-deaf on this issue. As Ernie Johnson said, it is important to honor the flag but you can't use it as a blindfold.

His teammates were frustrated at first but it all seems to be coming around. Drew seems the better for it.

Never been prouder to be a Saints fan.

This sums up my feelings on the matter as well.

More interested in observing how the NFL reacts this time around to kneeling once people start tuning out of the games when this issue dominates the league like several years ago.

The only reason the NFL acted that way was because the ratings started going down. Between POTUS screaming at the NFL every week, fans getting either fatigued or annoyed, its going to tell the truth about the NFL. Are the higher ups really serious about getting it wrong several years ago or is it a bunch of hogwash until it starts affecting ratings.

Overall, I don't really care. I find that some actions by the players are counterproductive. I am finding tiresome what Malcolm Jenkins has to say about anything. But I also remain suspicious of those who resort too quickly to flag-waving and the other trappings of patriotism.

My enthusiasm or lack of is cumulative. The political narrative is too raw and sensitive for most players and fans to address rationally and dispassionately. Mostly my apathy centers around the officiating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom