Has the recent politicization of the Saints decreased your enthusiasm for or interest in the Saints? (3 Viewers)

Has the recent politicization of the Saints decreased your enthusiasm for or interest in the Saints?

• Yes

Votes: 90 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 93 50.8%

• Total voters
far from it
Demario is one of the most important voices out there, regardless of profession

in fact i would be more than fine if the recent uptick in the exercising of the 1st amendment caused some of our more regressive fans to peel off
there's really no benefit to the 'shut up and dribble' stance

Last edited:
I like them even better.

Gayle has backed DeMario Davis. Payton continues to be politely but properly outspoken on matters of social importance.

Guys we like, such as Davis, AK, CMG, Cam, Morstead continue to speak out for justice and fairness.

I am still baffled about how Brees, who is in regular contact with so many successful African-American teammates and is so civic-minded, could have been so tone-deaf on this issue. As Ernie Johnson said, it is important to honor the flag but you can't use it as a blindfold.

His teammates were frustrated at first but it all seems to be coming around. Drew seems the better for it.

Never been prouder to be a Saints fan.

giphy.gif

None of the stupid political reactions to Brees and the backlash he got from the players has had any impact on my desire to cheer on the Saints. What was disappointing to me was that Brees being a intelligent person, from all indications, fully choosing to ignore what the people he has gone into battle with, have been saying directly to him and everyone else to make what they were doing about something it never was about. The other truly disappointing aspect was the number of so-called fans of the Saints wishing injury on Saints players.

None of the stupid political reactions to Brees and the backlash he got from the players has had any impact on my desire to cheer on the Saints. What was disappointing to me was that Brees being a intelligent person, from all indications, fully choosing to ignore what the people he has gone into battle with, have been saying directly to him and everyone else to make what they were doing about something it never was about. The other truly disappointing aspect was the number of so-called fans of the Saints wishing injury on Saints players.
Yeah but how dare Malcolm Jenkins as a black man be emotional during a crucial time in race relations history? How dare he?!!!

Definitely don’t feel so hot towards whoever was involved with that Catholic Church scandal, a football franchise has no business meddling with any of that.

Nope, I watch football for entertainment, not moral guidance. I couldn't give a damn whether Brees uses his spare time to rescue stray animals, burn American flags flag or attend KKK rallies.

I pay good money to watch him throw footballs. Nothing more, nothing less.

I just hope it doesn’t mess with the team chemistry. We looked to be possible super bowl favorites, but I’ve seen many analysts say we have no shot now cause of the Drew Brees controversy and the team dynamic going forward with the team not able to look at him as a captain anymore.

Like I’ve said many times before only negative stuff has come from the players protesting. Kaep can’t get a gig. Fans are angry on both sides of the argument. Some are ticked at the league & players for protesting during the anthem and others are P'Oed that no one wants to give Kaep a shot at a comeback. Some are ticked on how the league handled it from the jump. Teams are fighting amongst each other. Players are having to apologize for their stance on the national anthem & flag.

I really can’t think of anything good that’s come from it besides maybe donations? I don’t know? If there has been anything good, it’s been far outweighed by the negative IMO.

More interested in observing how the NFL reacts this time around to kneeling once people start tuning out of the games when this issue dominates the league like several years ago.

The only reason the NFL acted that way was because the ratings started going down. Between POTUS screaming at the NFL every week, fans getting either fatigued or annoyed, its going to tell the truth about the NFL. Are the higher ups really serious about getting it wrong several years ago or is it a bunch of hogwash until it starts affecting ratings.
Did the ratings really go down, or was that the narrative pushed by people opposed to the issue? Neither the NBA nor MLB can match NFL numbers.

I like them even better.

Gayle has backed DeMario Davis. Payton continues to be politely but properly outspoken on matters of social importance.

Guys we like, such as Davis, AK, CMG, Cam, Morstead continue to speak out for justice and fairness.

I am still baffled about how Brees, who is in regular contact with so many successful African-American teammates and is so civic-minded, could have been so tone-deaf on this issue. As Ernie Johnson said, it is important to honor the flag but you can't use it as a blindfold.

His teammates were frustrated at first but it all seems to be coming around. Drew seems the better for it.

Never been prouder to be a Saints fan.
how is he tone deaf?
the flag means something different to each person depending on their life experiences. who is to say who is right or wrong just because he believed in something different? his family members fought for the freedoms of everyone here and the freedom of countless other countries that the USA has helped over the years ( WW1, WW2, etc), atleast thats where i think he was coming from. everyone isnt a racist that has a different POV. i think Brees has proven himself of that over the years...
so much for tolerance these days that people claim to have...

Did the ratings really go down, or was that the narrative pushed by people opposed to the issue? Neither the NBA nor MLB can match NFL numbers.
It wasn’t much. The NFL was still the most watched program on TV.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom