Has there ever been a President that goes to a second home every weekend? (1 Viewer)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently our "President" spent another weekend at Mar-a-Lago and is set to return back to the White House this evening.

Has this ever happened with other Presidents? Or does the information age simply mean we are seeing it now?

Also, is the President profiting off of this in anyway? Is he able to expense rooms being used by his security team and such?

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He absolutely is benefiting financially every time he visits his Florida estate. He doubled the membership fee after the election, for one thing

I believe he rents rooms to the Secret Service, etc. each time they go. Probably charges them for the meals they eat also. Same deal for the agents assigned to Trump Tower in NYC, as I understand it. They are renting rooms from him to stay there with the First Lady.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently our "President" spent another weekend at Mar-a-Lago and is set to return back to the White House this evening.

Has this ever happened with other Presidents? Or does the information age simply mean we are seeing it now?

Also, is the President profiting off of this in anyway? Is he able to expense rooms being used by his security team and such?
I dunno about every weekend, but doing this sort of thing isn't all that unusual as far as Presidents go. That said, I think it's a bit much to be going that often. If it was once a month, then I could understand it, but every other weekend, not so much.

SUGrad03

All-Pro
Reaction score
Golf every few months DISASTER, off to your very own personal golf resort every weekend.... what's the problem?

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dave, I think this is four weekends in a row, if I'm not mistaken.....not every other weekend.

VDK

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Dave, I think this is four weekends in a row, if I'm not mistaken.....not every other weekend.
I did the math. After 4 years this will cost the American tax payers approximately $500 million if he continues at this rate.

booya

All-Pro
Reaction score
Can the persons Redthumping the first post please explain why they did it.

A) I don't like it in general because we should not worry at all about any president where he spends his weekends

B) I don't like it as it seems that is just another critic towards Trump and we should not critic him as he is POTUS and therefore should get our support anyway.

C) I don't like it as we should only critic such actions when done by Obama.

D) I am just tired of all the BS that is currently happening that I don't want to open up another topic.

E) Any other reason...

I am really curious...

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
5 out of 8 weekends?

Isn't there a limit on discretionary funds?
it matters little.

He never intended to be President. So he is keeping with his routine of not working much on weekends ( if at all ). Has stated he will not travel abroad much. ( not his style - but pawns it off as "things are a mess at home so i need to be here- )

This is a M-F job for him. Nothing more.

this country is running itself right now. no real issues to speak of, no real pressing international or domestic situations. So its currently on cruise control.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
it matters little.

He never intended to be President. So he is keeping with his routine of not working much on weekends ( if at all ). Has stated he will not travel abroad much. ( not his style - but pawns it off as "things are a mess at home so i need to be here- )

This is a M-F job for him. Nothing more.

this country is running itself right now. no real issues to speak of, no real pressing international or domestic situations. So its currently on cruise control.
Jesus take the wheel!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom