Hasselbeck to be released (1 Viewer)

I would actually be happy with him as the backup, probably more than any other player left out there. If not, then Colt McCoy or Charlie Batch.

Yes please. It'll save us the trouble of trying to find a backup QB in this terribly shallow draft class.

Come get your ring, just like Brunell.

Seriously, he'd be perfect in the Saints system. And he has no arm strength left, just like Mark in 2009. Means the OL won't let Drew get sacked. Perfect!

Apparently we're interested... or is this just speculation?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Teams interested in Matt Hasselbeck: AZ, Buff, Chi, Cin, Cleve, Indy, NO, NYG, SF &amp; Tampa,...and list could grow.</p>&mdash; Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/313760258029912065">March 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apparently we're interested... or is this just speculation?

<IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #bbb 1px solid; MIN-WIDTH: 220px; BORDER-LEFT: #ddd 1px solid; MARGIN: 10px 0px; DISPLAY: block; MAX-WIDTH: 99%; BORDER-TOP: #eee 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #ddd 1px solid; borderRadius: 10px; boxShadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15)" id=twitter-widget-0 title="Embedded Tweet" height=187 frameBorder=0 width=500 allowTransparency scrolling=no class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true"></IFRAME>
<SCRIPT charset=utf-8 src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" async></SCRIPT>
Incarcerated Bob???? :scratch:<IFRAME style="DISPLAY: none" id=rufous-sandbox frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no allowtransparency="true"></IFRAME>

"We want the ball, and we're gonna win"

---cut to Hasselbach throwing a game ending pick-6 to Al Harris.

i have no qualms about hasselbeck, if price is right, being our backup.

he is sort of a "poor man's" brees.

he can make all the throws and very good at timing plays and anticipating "throwing to a spot". he has nice touch pass, as well. he keeps his head down field and quick enough feet to move in the pocket and get out of trouble.

not as quick release as brees, locks onto receiver a bit too much and not as quick decision maker as brees, but he is smart QB with some pelts on the wall and can absorb this offense.

i like it!

best option i have seen, thus far.

If Chase Daniel got $3M/year to back up Alex Smith in KC, what will Hasselbeck want? $5M? I'd love to have him, but don't think we can afford him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom