Hasselbeck to be released (1 Viewer)

He'd be perfect for us and I'd love to see us sign him. Problem is he's a perfect backup for half the teams out there.

I'm hoping he'd play for league minimum here for a shot at a ring.

If Chase Daniel got $3M/year to back up Alex Smith in KC, what will Hasselbeck want? $5M? I'd love to have him, but don't think we can afford him.

I'm sure when they signed him they told Chase he would have the opportunity to win the starting job, They signed him as competition for Alex.

I would more then love to have hassleback as our back up. If the impossible happened, and he took over he could possibly even take us to the playoffs still. He must want more then the vet minimum though. Dude was an above average QB in Seattle, but he could still possibly start for a few NFL teams. Cardinals should go for him.

Schefter reporting that the Colts will likely be signing him tomorrow. I read earlier that he was already in negotiations with them within a couple of hours of being released by the Titans.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Well that didn't take long. Colts plan to sign former Titans QB Matthew Hasselbeck, who was released today, on Tuesday.

That was quick. I wonder what we have planned for a backup QB. I have a feel it will be someone cheap like Luke McCown. Backup QBs seems to be getting more $$$ this year.

Fitzpatrick signed with the Titans. I thought he would be a great fit here.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter
Tennessee reached agreement on a two-year deal with former Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom