Hate this call.... (1 Viewer)

I can't believe the Rams got unsportsmanlike after they scored a touchdown on us and one of the LA players "took" a picture of then player that scored the TD. That was a little bit too far to get penalized for that.

Definitely. I've always hated the celebration rules. As long as they're not deliberately taunting the other team, I don't care what they do. The old Redskins group celebrations were pretty fun. I used to like the players try to get creative with props and such. I hated TO, but some of his celebrations were pretty comical and fun. The Joe Horn cell phone celebration was pretty funny as well.

And who can forget the dreaded leapfrog celebration? I'm pretty sure that was after a ST score. Remember those? :hihi: We call the NFL the "No Fun League" for good reason.

Last edited:
I understand the concept of automatic first down in Def holding. the argument is if the receiver wasn't held, you can't say he could have gotten the first down if he can catch the ball cleanly. if it wasn't an automatic first down, there would be holding on just about every third and long play.
the problem is, the refs have to get it right, should be a reviewable play (along with PI).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I understand the concept of automatic first down in Def holding. the argument is if the receiver wasn't held, you can't say he could have gotten the first down if he can catch the ball cleanly. if it wasn't an automatic first down, there would be holding on just about every third and long play.
the problem is, the refs have to get it right, should be a reviewable play (along with PI).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That is exactly why I say it SHOULDN'T be an automatic first down.

So you are saying.....it's 3rd and 9.
You are going to commit a defensive holding penalty since it's not an automatic first down??

Fine, now it's 3rd and 4.

Which would you rather defend, 3rd & 9 or 3rd & 4?

It would make no sense to commit penalties and give the offense an easier 3rd down....but they still should need to earn the first, not given it by a defensive holding on 3rd and 16.

I agree, I think both offensive and defensive holding should be a 5 yard penalty, replay the down. These penalties affect momentum way too much.

I like this. It can still be a big penalty that the teams want to avoid, but automatic first down is too tough for a ticky-tack call.

It was a late flag also. We were all joking about the refs keeping Rams in the game. Officiating seemed different in the second half. The call that angered me the most, was the missed block in the back on the long kick off return they had

That was so obvious. I even saw it sitting in the dome. Usually you don't always have the best angle to see penalties like this while watching it in person, but this one was so obvious.

I can't believe the Rams got unsportsmanlike after they scored a touchdown on us and one of the LA players "took" a picture of then player that scored the TD. That was a little bit too far to get penalized for that.

Yeah, it was such a subdued thing compared to other antics that go on.

Sadly, our kick return team is so inept, we only got the ball back to the 25ish yard line. Basically, the same as taking a knee on a regular, deep kickoff. We couldn't take advantage of them kicking from the 20 yard line. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom