hate to say it (1 Viewer)

I'm not upset. Our train is on schedule and our future is very bright.

Hell, the thing people were most concerned about was our offensive line and they played extremely well today.

You must have some very low standards/expectations when it comes to o-line play. Drew spent a lot of time on the turf, throwing passes off his back foot. It's one thing when they get to the QB on a bull rush, it is another when the defense has untouched players darting at the QB.

You must have some very low standards/expectations when it comes to o-line play. Drew spent a lot of time on the turf, throwing passes off his back foot. It's one thing when they get to the QB on a bull rush, it is another when the defense has untouched players darting at the QB.

This is false.

The OL played really well today, and I've been their biggest critic.

I think Drew was only sacked once, and pressured no more than 5-6 times.

This comes down to defense and coaching. There is a lot of injuries on defense that were key. Without Breaux we have 3 rookies essentially playing in their first game. Some bad play calling inside the 5 yard line, and obviously some poor defense is nothing new. We shouldn't have to score 36 points to win games every week

Hey the defense obviously has a long way t go, but the offense is in mid-season form. man that was fun to watch them go up and down the field.

Hate losing the game the way we did but hey... Only tampa won in the division this week, so there's still time. I hope D-Breaux is OK.

I'm sorry but you haven't a clue man . The O line played pretty damn well today , The sack fumble was on Drew and the Wr's . He had all day. We was not running around for his life all game. Sure your always gonna have a play or 2 where they get in . NO offensive line gives up NO pressures , even though we didn't do well rushing Carr he was flushed out a few times and hurried some

I'm sorry but you haven't a clue man . The O line played pretty damn well today , The sack fumble was on Drew and the Wr's . He had all day. We was not running around for his life all game. Sure your always gonna have a play or 2 where they get in . NO offensive line gives up NO pressures , even though we didn't do well rushing Carr he was flushed out a few times and hurried some

Wait, are we talking about the sack fumble in which 5 o-linemen could not contain the pass rush of 3 defenders, the RT Strief was pushed all the way to the left past the hash marks, and then lost sight of the guy who eventually sacked Brees from behind? Is that the sack fumble you are talking about?

And "a play or 2"? He had all day? You serious?

Wait, are we talking about the sack fumble in which 5 o-linemen could not contain the pass rush of 3 defenders, the RT Strief was pushed all the way to the left past the hash marks, and then lost sight of the guy who eventually sacked Brees from behind? Is that the sack fumble you are talking about?

And "a play or 2"? He had all day? You serious?

You Couldn't be more WRONG , They rushed 4 NOT 3. Drew had almost 5 SECONDS in the pocket to throw . Drew had 2 dump offs Hill and Kuhn but did not take them . That was NOT on the O line , Drew even said it was on him in the post game. . The O line opened a few good holes to run through . 4.0 per run avg is not bad , not great but not bad. And that's rotating the RG spot cause they didn't want to wear Evans out since he had not played much in preseason. Yeah the O line played pretty well . Maybe you should rewatch the game

Considering that they lost two RT and had to shift their entire right side of the OL. Didn't give up a single sack. Rushed for over over 150 yds in a half and scored three TD's and a two point conversion... I'd take that average every day of the week.
Um...they were playing our defense.

Coming into this game all I heard was "Our offensive line was terrible." "Brees will be on IR by week 3." "Khalil Mack is going to eat Brees alive."

So, yeah. Even I had my expectations low. Even on the first sack fumble, Brees held on to the ball too long.

Our defense played VERY well by those standards. And untouched players at the QB? Was it becasue someone missed a bltizer or did they send one more man than we had blocking? If so, that's not on our OL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom