Hate to say this but Niners, make us an offer! (1 Viewer)

And possibly put ourselves in the same position the 49ers are about to be in?

Um, no. I’d rather keep Bridgewater, TYVM

I don't see a building team like SF trading picks for a QB when it would only be a 13 game rental. They'll roll with what they have this year and continue to build around Jimmy G.

That would be one on the Jets, who thought they did well unloading Bridgewater for a 3rd.

Nothing less than a #1 or a starter for Teddy. No way.

I wouldn’t give them TB unless i get a 1st and a probowl CB(if they even have one) or 2 1sts. Anything less than that too bad. Like someone said, its their problem, not ours.

If some of the best O minds in the NFL believe in TB, why throw him overboard for draft fodder? For every Mahomes are uncountable Leafs (Leaves?)

For Teddy? No thanks unless they willing to give up a 1st rounder or we know he’s not willing to take less money these next two years to be the future once Drew hangs them up. Other than that I want to keep him around cause he’s tailor made for this offense. It’s hard to find good starting QBs in this league and I think Teddy is one. I think it will be like 2006 all over again. We get a somewhat damaged goods QB that was given up on too early by the team that drafted him and we turn him into a star.

Plus I don’t want Taysom Hill being our primary backup QB. He wouldn’t be able to do what he’s doing now if he was the #2. You can’t have your backup making tackles on special teams or returning kicks. We would have to resign Tom Savage if he’s even available

Last edited:
I think it'd be short-sighted to trade Bridgewater for a draft pick or two (unless they blow us away with an offer). We traded for him to be the possibly be the guy post-Brees. I'm not trading away a smooth transition and continued success (not to mention great insurance for Brees' health this year) for a 2nd round pick and going through the struggle of trying to find a guy that can consistently win in the NFL (especially given Payton's track record so far at developing QB draft picks). And if we lose Bridgewater in Free Agency, we'd likely get a high compensatory pick for him, so unless we're offered a 1st round pick and possibly more, I'm not making the move.

No. But I would consider it for a first. TB is good for our locker room and chemistry. 9ers might as well started losing to get the #1 pick. TB won’t save them.
No QB wins todays game other than Brees. I f we lose him for more than a game or 2 the season is well over. He clearly can play for another year, 2 , or 3. Trade Teddy for a legit starting DB RIGHT NOW.

It'll be shortsighted on their part to trade for a QB to rent for the remainder of the season. As it stands right now they have no shot at a division title and no realistic path at a WC. There would have to be an injury to a bonafide contender for any of our backups to become trade bait.

We'd be screwed without TeddyBH20, because Taysom isn't gonna win consistently at this point..
However........

IF they offer a rock solid starting Corner ...........? ? ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom