Hate to see it end like this. AD (1 Viewer)

COACHTDL

Squad Leader
Reaction score
I believe the front office changes came a year too late. I understand AD's frustration and by the time the front office situation was corrected the relationship had gone too far down this road., Davis is arguably the best player in basketball today. Mr. Davis was on the verge of becoming royalty in this great city, joining Drew Brees on top of the thrown(well that is a large exagerration) I don't hold any ill will against AD and hope he stays healthy. (can't say the same about CP).

Now it is Zion time. Can't wait to see what type of team we put together. With the picks, along with the current players in the building, the future looks bright, might even need shades

I hold ill will. I don’t necessarily disagree with his decision to request a trade, but I hate the way he went about it. Attaching himself to Rich Paul was a bad decision. He went from hero to villain very quickly. I hope he fails miserably in LA.

I hold ill will. I don’t necessarily disagree with his decision to request a trade, but I hate the way he went about it. Attaching himself to Rich Paul was a bad decision. He went from hero to villain very quickly. I hope he fails miserably in LA.
Ditto.
All the built up enthusiasm for the Pels was lost the moment Davis fired his agent and signed with the LeBrons. He was on a team that could have won a championship with the right front office changes, instead, he choose to sabotage any chance they had of winning by demanding a trade. Much like Gordon and Paul before him, I wish nothing but failure for him going forward.

Will be interesting to see how AD responds to being a second banana for the first time in his career, because make no mistake----it's LeBron's team. If the wins don't pile up as expected, if sudden little nagging injuries start happening, if there are reports of locker room tension, AD could walk after this year. And that would make this quite possibly the most lopsided trade in NBA history, and would completely shut down the Lakers for the next decade. I know this is where AD wanted to go the most & he probably sees himself as heir apparent to the Laker throne, but there's always New York on the table.

If he fails, we get better future picks. So, I don't hold any ill will towards him, but I do hope he fails for selfish reasons.

The best part about the trade with the Lakers is that all the picks and pick swaps mean that we have every reason to root for the Lakers and AD to fail miserably.

Will be interesting to see how AD responds to being a second banana for the first time in his career, because make no mistake----it's LeBron's team. If the wins don't pile up as expected, if sudden little nagging injuries start happening, if there are reports of locker room tension, AD could walk after this year. And that would make this quite possibly the most lopsided trade in NBA history, and would completely shut down the Lakers for the next decade. I know this is where AD wanted to go the most & he probably sees himself as heir apparent to the Laker throne, but there's always New York on the table.
An argument can be made that AD has always been the second banana...

The best part about the trade with the Lakers is that all the picks and pick swaps mean that we have every reason to root for the Lakers and AD to fail miserably.
I mean, sure we could always have ANOTHER reason...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom