Hated Player to the Saints? (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Big_L - Do you think any Saints fans would cheer for Newton if he scored a TD in Black and Gold, Think I'd want to puke - lol

This got me thinking

Has there ever player that you couldn’t stand when they were on a different team

You hated to find out that the Saints had signed him

You couldn’t really root for him while he was here

Then rejoiced when he left?

Or maybe you did root for him while he was here but still rejoiced when he left?

I hated Michael Haynes when he was with Atlanta because he would always torch us and have his best game of the season against us

But I was excited when he came here because now that power was on our side (didn’t work out that way though)

I’m trying to think about how I would have felt if Steve Smith came here after leaving Carolina

This got me thinking

Has there ever player that you couldn’t stand when they were on a different team

Or maybe you did root for him while he was here but still rejoiced when he left?

I hated Michael Haynes when he was with Atlanta because he would always torch us and have his best game of the season against us

But I was excited when he came here because now that power was on our side (didn’t work out that way though)

I’m trying to think about how I would have felt if Steve Smith came here after leaving Carolina

This got me thinking

Yea Cam Newton is that for me! I genuinely hate that guy.

As for Steve Smith, I love Steve Smith even though he was a Panther. Yes he would torch us, but he is the epitome of Heart and Passion. Hes also one tough son of a gun. I wanted him so badly a couple years ago when he was a Free agent. I knew he would have brought a certain swag to our team

No. Michael Haynes broke my heart in 1991, but I was excited to get him in 94. I'd have zero problem rooting for Cam or Steve Smith or Julio Jones or Deion Jones or Matt Ryan if they ever wore black and gold. If I opposed their signings, it would only be for football reasons (I think Cam's washed up and Matt Ryan ain't what he used to be either).

I didn't particularly care for Jeremy Shockey but I loved the dude when he had the Black & Gold on. I didn't like Browner before he joined the team and I liked him even less while he was on the team. I was glad to see him go.

I can get behind pretty much anybody after they put that Saints jersey on. If Richard Sherman or Cam Newton joined the good guys I'd probably still not care for them but by god I'd root for them. I'd root for Emperor Palpatine if he could play WR.

Doesn’t count

unless you’re a redskins fan

Everyone here loved Junior until he signed that big contract and started losing his mind

You're right. Didn’t fit the criteria well.

Tebucky and Browner were both awful, but I can’t think of anyone that I despised on the Saints (other than Galette).

I don’t even hate Cam Newton now but man I really would not want him to be our QB. He’s not good anymore...that’s the biggest issue.

This got me thinking

Been watching our boys since '99 and I can honestly say that there hasn't been a player that we signed that I hated on a different team. Closest thing is having my heart shattered when my favorite player at the time (Joe Horn) signed with ATL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom