hats off to the officiating (1 Viewer)

soupcan dan

just the salad please
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
first game in a long, long time where the officials were a non-factor. i cannot think of a single poorly called penalty or a whiff. the nearest ticky-tack was probably the overtime PI at the two which set up the win.

did i miss anything?

I recall a PI call on the Pats that was pretty suspect, but that's about the only thing I can remember. They let them play, which makes Atlanta's choke job all the more honest and hilarious.

Patriots extra point penalty for lining up over the center. Under no interpretation of the rule was the jumper lined up over the center.

Atlanta player had a really questionable late hit out of bounds not called. Likely called in the regular season.

The pass interference at the end of the game could have not been called given how they called the rest of the game.

They called PI on a Patriots defender on Atlanta's second TD that should have been called against Atlanta for dragging the defender to the ground (but the offense almost never gets called for that anyway).

An Atlanta tackler drove a Patriots runner into the ground head first, which I've seen called because it was dangerous and unnecessary.

They missed a Patriots kick return step out of bounds, but it was corrected by instant reply.

All of the above are just nit picks. It was a well officiated game overall.

I believe there was a late hit by an ATL player in the first quarter when Edelman ran out of bounds and got nailed.

They missed the face mask on Sanu.

If it's the same play (late in the 4th) I'm guessing your thinking of, I think the long being held play, sanu actually grabs the cb's face mask first. I guess the ref either missed both players fouls are let it play out being it was both done by each player. If those cancelled each other out it was still a Blanton to hold by Matthews on Long. Very close but put me in the group with the I think the refs did a good job bunch.

Nice catch. I forgot that one, although I think both players had a face mask on the play. The ref was trailing them and had no angle to see either face mask.

Well, if the ref was trailing, then he should have thrown a flag for a possible hoarse collar. Sanu's face mask was grabbed and he was pulled down by the back of his collar. Not sticking up for ATL, but the penalties (if both were called), then the penalties would off set, leaving ATL still in FG range. I'd be heated if that happened to us.

first game in a long, long time where the officials were a non-factor. i cannot think of a single poorly called penalty or a whiff. the nearest ticky-tack was probably the overtime PI at the two which set up the win.

did i miss anything?

April Fools Day isn't for a couple more months...

Without the Refs, the Patricheats never get back into the game.

April Fools Day isn't for a couple more months...

Without the Refs, the Patricheats never get back into the game.

Sorry, but that's delusional. It wasn't a badly called game at all. You're just saying memetic sport fan things to say them and not thinking about what you're saying.

I think the PI call in OT that put the Pats at the two was a good call. He made contact, held the receiver's arms against his body, and never looked back for the ball.

Well, if the ref was trailing, then he should have thrown a flag for a possible hoarse collar. Sanu's face mask was grabbed and he was pulled down by the back of his collar. Not sticking up for ATL, but the penalties (if both were called), then the penalties would off set, leaving ATL still in FG range. I'd be heated if that happened to us.

Sanu was also facemasking on that play. He took the guy's helmet off.

The Refs don't throw a flag for a "possible" penalty since here is no chance to review penalties. From the angle I remember the ref likely couldn't see the twin face masks.

Sorry, but that's delusional. It wasn't a badly called game at all. You're just saying memetic sport fan things to say them and not thinking about what you're saying.

VPCajun is a closet Falcons fan that rooted for ATL the entire game and did nothing but whine when the Pats made the comeback.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom