Have any of you recieved your IRS/Economic Stimulus forms yet (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Because today I received my IRS Economic Stimulus package form to fill out, I should have it done by this weekend. the package says my check should arrive in May sometimes so I guess I am getting it a bit early then maybe some other people But anyway do any of you know how much you expect to get from these checks? I don't mean to be nosy, but I expect a fair amount of money so it will be a good day when it arrives.

I didn't get a package, but I did get a notice in the mail that I should be expecting a check in May.

yeah, i got a piece of paper telling me that i will get pieces of paper that i will have to fill out to get a piece of paper (check) that i can bring to a bank to get more pieces of paper (cash)

I got what TheMike got.

Guess now we know who's filed their taxes this year and who hasn't. :hihi:

Oops, I got something from the IRS, figured it was the announcement, and promptly threw it away without reading it. :covri:

youre not supposed to have to fill anything out, I would check on this with the IRS, sounds like a scam

Yeah, be careful on this one. Our bank sent us a notice saying that you shouldn't have to give out any information in order to get your check. There are phone, internet and mail scams circulating.

$600 for each adult and an additional $300 per child.

Legalize polygamy.

Info I found out on the radio, and on www.irs.gov :

If you file a 2007 tax form and have a valid SSN you will be getting your check starting in May. THERE IS NO FORM TO FILL OUT REGARDING THIS CHECK If you filed your taxes and got direct deposit, you could get your check as soon as May 1st (I AM!!!) if your SSN ends in 00-19 I believe.

yeah I did direct deposit as well and all I got from the irs was a notice saying I would be getting it in May but I did not get a form that I had to fill out. They already have all of my information why would I have to fill out a form? The only way I know of that you would have to fill out a form is if you did not file a tax return this year but you are eligable for a refund but I am not sure how they are handling those.I would check with the IRS

T

yeah I did direct deposit as well and all I got from the irs was a notice saying I would be getting it in May but I did not get a form that I had to fill out. They already have all of my information why would I have to fill out a form? The only way I know of that you would have to fill out a form is if you did not file a tax return this year but you are eligable for a refund but I am not sure how they are handling those.I would check with the IRS

T

THEY HAVE ANNOUNCED TO BE CAREFUL OF SCAMS REGARDING THIS

THEY HAVE ANNOUNCED TO BE CAREFUL OF SCAMS REGARDING THIS

all I was saying was for the guy to check it out because I know THEY HAVE ANNOUNCED TO BE CAREFUL OF SCAMS REGARDING THIS. All I was doing is putting in my 2 cents.

No need to be ugly about someone elses post man!

T

Q. I want to estimate my payment. Please explain how it is figured.

A. Essentially, there are two parts to the stimulus payment: a basic amount based on tax liability, filing status or other qualifying factors if there is no tax liability and an additional amount based on whether a qualifying child is reported on the return.

Basic Amount of Payment: Taxpayers who had a net income tax liability will receive a payment, unless they can be claimed as dependents on someone else’s return, are high-income individuals or do not have a valid Social Security Number. The payment is equal to the taxpayer’s net income tax liability, but no more than $600 for a single person or $1,200 for a married couple filing a joint return. The minimum payment is $300 for a single person or $600 for a married couple filing jointly.

People with no net income tax liability will usually get a minimum payment of $300 for a single person or $600 for a married couple filing jointly, as long as they have qualifying income of at least $3,000. To figure your qualifying income, add together the following amounts:

Wages that are reported on Form W-2.
Net self-employment income.
Social Security benefits reported in box 5 of the 2007 Form 1099-SSA, which would have been received in January 2008. People who do not have a Form 1099-SSA may estimate their annual Social Security benefit by taking their monthly benefit and multiplying it by the number of months during the year they received the benefit.
Certain Railroad Retirement benefits reported in box 5 of the 2007 Form 1099-RRB, which recipients would have received in January 2008.
Veterans’ benefits received in 2007, including veterans’ disability compensation and pension or survivors’ benefits received from the Department of Veterans Affairs. People who weren’t required to file a tax return can estimate their annual veterans’ benefits by taking their monthly benefit and multiplying it by the number of months during the year they received the benefit.
Nontaxable combat pay if the taxpayer elects to include it as earned income.
Extra Money for Qualifying Child: Eligible taxpayers who qualify for a payment may receive an additional $300 for each qualifying child. To qualify a child must be under age 17.

Phase Out: The stimulus payment –– both the basic component and the additional funds for qualifying children –– begins to phase out for individuals with adjusted gross incomes (AGI) over $75,000 and married couples who file a joint return with AGI over $150,000. The combined payment is reduced by 5 percent of the income above the AGI thresholds.

Here are two examples of how the phase out works:

An individual with AGI of $80,000 and federal income tax liability in excess of $600 would qualify for a basic rebate of $600. Because this individual’s AGI exceeds $75,000, however, her rebate is reduced by $250 (the credit is reduced by multiplying the amount of AGI over $75,000 by 5%). The taxpayer receives an economic stimulus payment of $350.
A married couple with two children, AGI of $160,000 and federal income tax liability before the child tax credit exceeding $1,200 qualifies for a basic rebate of $1,200 and an additional qualifying child credit of $600 for a total rebate of $1,800. But because the couple’s AGI exceeds $150,000, their rebate is reduced by $500 (the amount of AGI over $150,000 multiplied by 5%). The couple receives an economic stimulus payment of $1,300.
Use the Economic Stimulus Payment Calculator to determine your eligibility and estimate the amount of your payment.
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179181,00.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom