Have people forgotten about Sproles? [Yes, we're stupid.] (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Seeing all these Tavon Austin threads make my head hurt. We already have a dynamic player like that in Sproles. Little man can do everything. Punt returns, line up at WR, and run between the tackles.

IF we are going to draft a WR in the 1st. Why not a guy like patterson? Heck even that guy from Cal

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
He didn't have a good year last year and I don't think he lines up at WR. He probably is a little overrated as a return guy - can't remember a good return since Week 1 2011.

That said - under the right play calling he is tremendous playing from the backfield.

Crawdaddys

Thank You SAINTS!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seeing all these Tavon Austin threads make my head hurt. We already have a dynamic player like that in Sproles. Little man can do everything. Punt returns, line up at WR, and run between the tackles.

IF we are going to draft a WR in the 1st. Why not a guy like patterson? Heck even that guy from Cal
agreed!

OP
Reaction score
Several games ive seen him line up in the slot. against the falcons last season

he wasnt used as much and as efficiently like 2011

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score

Sproles won't be around forever. Why not plan for the future or added insurance in case Sproles misses time again.

OP
Reaction score
Right now he's 29. And he doesnt get hit as often as regular NFL Backs. I think he lasts 3-4 more years.

Tavon Austins come around every year

biglexxx504

It's GO TIME!
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing! We're not hurting for playmakers, we're hurting for defenders to stop the other teams playmakers.

Javon7143

InYourFace
Reaction score
Right now he's 29. And he doesnt get hit as often as regular NFL Backs. I think he lasts 3-4 more years.

So are Lance and Colston. What about 2014 when he's due $3.5 mil? Will he still be able to perform at this level? What about after 2014? Should we resign em?

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
come to think of it - I don't blame Sproles for his down year. I blame Carmichael, Vitt, and Kromer for not having the guts to take Ingram out of the picture and gameplan. All three fell victim to groupthink and thought by default and circumstance that Ingram was the #1 back. Not even visual evidence every week that proved he wasn't #1 could clear up the groupthink fog - they were like a dear in headlights.

This was probably one of the most evident results of not having Payton's leadership last year. Payton commands the ship and would have had Ingram on the bench. Status quo and feelings go out the window.

Ingram was like a company's feature product that turns out to be defective, but instead of admitting fault, their insecure managment with poor mitigation skills - just keep pushing it, because they don't know what else to do and failure is inevitable.

Hopefully Payton puts an end to the Ingram experiment. Give him a roster spot this year, put up some smoke and mirrors around him, and when a team's RB goes down and are desperate for a RB, send him packing before the trade deadline and at least get a 4th rounder for him while you can.

SuperRemo

Very Banned
Reaction score

How many blazing fast RBs do you know that last till 33?
They get hit and age slows them down...

EVen marshall faulk wasn't good enough at that age and he's HOFer.

OP
Reaction score
Coach SP and Drew are not hurting for more play makers.

We need to win NOW

And Defense wins championships. Rather draft a cover corner or safety

Reaction score
Have people forgotten about Sproles?

Maybe here, but I bet there's a few coaches that don't sleep well and one that does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom